Notices

higgins/torch lake

Old 01-11-2019, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
Torch is on this summers bucket list for me as well...maybe we could set up some kind of informal meet and see how many people we could get up there?? just a thought

heck yea. I’m game. We are kind of skeptical to go because we don’t know the lake and no one we’re froends with have boats so we would be going alone and sometimes that doesn’t sound like much fun. So it would be fun to know someone else out there!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 137 Posts

I hear ya...I have a buddy at work that went up there with his boat a couple years ago but its a small 22 bowrider so not much to worry about there...but personally the cost of my prop I would like to know the terrain a little lol

he did tell me that the sandbar is getting to be an adults only type of thing at times and launching up at the north end of the lake and making the 20 mile journey down to the sandbar would be the best bet for guys with larger boats than his like you and I...he said the ramp up there is much larger and nicer...other than that...I have no info lol

Stewart
Old 01-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
I hear ya...I have a buddy at work that went up there with his boat a couple years ago but its a small 22 bowrider so not much to worry about there...but personally the cost of my prop I would like to know the terrain a little lol

he did tell me that the sandbar is getting to be an adults only type of thing at times and launching up at the north end of the lake and making the 20 mile journey down to the sandbar would be the best bet for guys with larger boats than his like you and I...he said the ramp up there is much larger and nicer...other than that...I have no info lol

Stewart

good to know. I know your from mi from past times we talked. Would you go for the day or make a trip out of it too? I wouldn’t mind finding a marina and camping for a few days. I also heard the traverse area is cool too. I wouldn’t mind making a big trip out of it as long as it’s a good time. And time and weather allows for it. I gotta get use outta the boat this year!!!!
Old 01-11-2019, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'd be in for a night or two...not sure what's up there for marinas but could def check it out...traverse city is a really nice area and even if we could find a hotel close and just load the boats for the night then head back out in the morning would be ok with me too...maybe once it actually starts warming up this spring we can start a new thread and see if anyone else would be in
Old 01-11-2019, 09:32 PM
Registered

Oh thoughts of warm weather haha
Old 01-11-2019, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

hahaha right
Old 01-15-2019, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for any Northern Michigan boating get togethers, love the lakes up there, of course this is all assuming I find a boat before the ice melts.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

Consider Lake Charlevoix and East/West bays at Traverse City if you're in the area. The Boyne Thunder route is great boating even without the event. ed
Old 02-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just made reservations in Alden Mi which is on the southeast side of Torch Lake for August 22-25. If any of you guys are thinking of getting a room near the lake for anytime this summer you better get on it. No a lot left to pick from.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Holy crap really?? Thanks for the heads up!! Wouldn't think it would filling up already....is it possible to just stay on the sandbar all night?? like sleep in my boat or is that a no no for people that have been there??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.