Notices

higgins/torch lake

Old 02-05-2019, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
Wouldn't think it would filling up already....i
Apparently a lot of people make reservations a year ahead of time at least at some of the nicer places. We found a nice little B&B walking distance to the ramp so there are still accommodations left I just wouldn't wait a whole lot longer especially if anyone is looking to do a group. Its our first time going up there even though we only live a few hours away. I also found Dewitt Marina has slips available for $50 plus they have their own ramp.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 137 Posts

Good info thanks for the insight!! If I happen to be up there the same weekend you're there maybe we'll get together somewhere
Old 02-05-2019, 06:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
Good info thanks for the insight!! If I happen to be up there the same weekend you're there maybe we'll get together somewhere
Sounds like a plan!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2019, 06:28 AM
Registered

I ran by the ramp at Torch Lake yesterday. Its a little hard to get excited about boating when the lake still looks like this..........

Old 03-04-2019, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

Are these lakes all connected?
Old 03-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Registered

We may be going to Elk in August. Does Elk have an enforced noise law? From Elk can you get to Torch Lake and Lake Michigan by water?
Old 03-04-2019, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigboat28
We may be going to Elk in August. Does Elk have an enforced noise law? From Elk can you get to Torch Lake and Lake Michigan by water?
From Elk Lake you can go down into Lake Skegemog then up the Torch River into Torch Lake. Yes those all connect. Unfortunately you cannot get into Lake Michigan from Elk Lake. Your oh so close but there is a dam in the way. I can't speak to the noise laws....
Old 03-04-2019, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

That ice on Torch and Elk lakes can last past mid April. We sail our ice boats on Elk. If you transit Elk through Skegemog there are some stump fields that need to be avoided. ed
Old 03-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
That ice on Torch and Elk lakes can last past mid April. We sail our ice boats on Elk. If you transit Elk through Skegemog there are some stump fields that need to be avoided. ed

By chance have you used the ramp at Alden? We are staying at a B&B right next to it and were planning to put in there. After visiting it this past week I dont think our truck and trailer could ever make the turn around. Do people just back down to it from the street?
Old 03-04-2019, 05:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Are the stump fields marked well? How deep is the water in those lakes and the river?

Anyone know about any noise laws?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.