Notices

Lake erie winter blues / pics and vids

Old 01-21-2016, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549958[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by frickstyle
Why don't you buy it from him?.....
Sorry for the delay, had to ponder on this one for a while. I will preface with the following comment I am a firm believer in..... "There is no such thing as a perfect boat. There are only a perfect boats for specific region of boating."

Example: If I boated on secluded calm river/lakes, an 18'/19' v-drive or Jet would be my choice. If I boated on larger lakes where I didn't need to overnight on the boat, my choice would be a 30' Spectre Cat. etc... If I boated Lake Erie Island area, my choice would be a straight bottom gun with a full cabin....

You know I love cigs but, unfortunately I have 3 issues preventing me from making the move.....

1. Two kids under the age of 3. Growing up I quickly fell in love with boating. We would spend time anchored out and swimming off the back of the boat. To break out the monotony we would race the cars on Rt 2 bridge, Ski, tube, & knee board. Doing that with my boys is important to me. I feel that is the right of passage for them... My Scout is a much better "family" boat for me know than the gun.

2. The reality is, I am living in the cheese state. Big lake boating is just not as much fun up here compared to the islands. Yes, others port out west side of lake Michigan but, I am not interested at this point with the young boys. To give a comparison, boating out of Milwaukee is like boating in Cleveland. Actually Milwaukee is much better but thats for an other time to discuss. Its a river and an open lake. It can get boring if done every weekend for adults, just imagine how kids would feel. The other issue is fuel, the boat runs on 93 octane. If I owned I would rack store in Milwaukee. I don't even know if you can find that octane on the river. If no gas is available then I would need to trailer. That equates to needing to buy a truck and locate storage for boat, truck, and trailer.. The cost of ownership exponentially increased. Add it all up and compare to what I am trying to achieve... Just trying to get the boys to make the connection with the water... I feel it just doesn't make sense at this point in life.

3. We live right across the street from Pewaukee lake. Its a perfect size lake for my scout and what I would like to do with the little ones. A boat ramp is less than 1/4 mile down the street. If i didn't drive so far for work, I could be out on the water after work everyday. I thought about getting a dock on the lake but there are many more funner places to hit up here. Chain o'lakes, IL, Madison Lakes, Milwaukee, Oshkosh, etc....

All in all, I think you get the jist. Probably more than you wanted to hear but thats what I have been my thinking. If I was back in Cleveland, it wouldn't even be a question.. But for life up here, it just doesnt fit... The other kicker is I already have a 18' Jet boat project in the garage I want to start on... And I am already thinking the next move up is a 30' cat when the kids get older... My poor wife... that will take the boat count to 3...

Jr.
Attached Thumbnails Lake erie winter blues / pics and vids-pewaukeemapfar.gif  
Old 01-22-2016, 05:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Solution..... Move back here!!!!!
Old 01-22-2016, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

That's what I think to tim
Old 01-22-2016, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 467 Likes on 212 Posts

Jack:

1. I was half joking, I somewhat anticipated that response. (But he would probably cut you a hell of a deal).
2. Will he still be boating or is he getting out of it completely?
3. I agree with above two statements. Find a job down here and move back.

You're welcome to come ride on my boat this summer, anytime.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:14 PM
Registered

So lets talk upgrades to this year and Justin u don't count lol.

For me for this summer I gutted the mufflers
[IMG][/IMG]

Finishing them off with new flappers
[IMG][/IMG]

Then I put in a GPS Speedo
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-22-2016, 05:17 PM
Registered

And just got all new speakers for up top delivered today. Four Polk 6.5s and one JL 10.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-22-2016, 05:18 PM
Registered

Also did all new cockpit and cabin carpet as well
Old 01-22-2016, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 467 Likes on 212 Posts

Cool Ron!

I hope Brittanny behaved herself the other night at your place. We were busy blasting pheasants and playing cards in MI.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Registered

All good .... she fits right in almost like the girls have been friends for years.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Yo Bonz what do you need for the jet boat project? I have tons of parts for squirt boats in stock used and new also my brother in law has a real nice nordic jet with a 468 and Merlin heads for sale very clean boat 7500 shoot me a PM with a list I'll help ya out if I can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.