Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Lake erie winter blues / pics and vids >

Lake erie winter blues / pics and vids

Notices

Lake erie winter blues / pics and vids

Old 02-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

I like my 2 95's and 97's interiors. Those trucks were comfortable. That body style changed the game in all trucks. It was the first in the cab forward thinking. Interiors and dash got bigger, and the engine bays got smaller. They(interior) changed some in 98-02. They weren't as pillow'y. After the body change and diamler did there boo-fooing, I can say that the interiors sucked. Hard and plasticky. Hated that body style. Only bright side for those model years were the srt10 and the power wagon. It was a couple cool ideas in a sea of grocery getters.

Now I like the new body style, but I hate all the bells and whistles that they insist on. I just like a normal standard cab 2500 or 3500 4x4 with a diesel and a stick. No power peadals or any crap that goes haywire. Power windows locks and a nice radio are about all I need. Oh and Ac.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:05 AM
Registered

Now this was a cool sema truck. I'd have one if they made them. That box is 10'. Based off a 5500 cab and chassis.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Winning at what?

I understand you are passionate about ford, but that's a very broad statement. Sold more cars than Camaro? Probably. But I seem to remember the introduction of a certain LS series based engine that would mop the floor with the small block ford. Plus, you are forgetting about a little thing called Corvette. Not that you can directly compare the two, but that takes a lot of sales away from the Camaro. The Mustang is the only thing Ford had. I think they are popular because people can afford them and tinker, that's about it, and that's their advantage.

Let's just agree that we disagree!
lol I hear ya, still funny they put a mustang up agains a vette all the time and it wins or gets awful close for a budget car.... Trucks are better, sell more, and dominate fleet....

Also they have so many more "cool things" made by SVT.... Can't compare to gm and dodge....

Now we gonna drink Saturday??
Old 02-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ham_r_down01
I like my 2 95's and 97's interiors. Those trucks were comfortable. That body style changed the game in all trucks. It was the first in the cab forward thinking. Interiors and dash got bigger, and the engine bays got smaller. They(interior) changed some in 98-02. They weren't as pillow'y. After the body change and diamler did there boo-fooing, I can say that the interiors sucked. Hard and plasticky. Hated that body style. Only bright side for those model years were the srt10 and the power wagon. It was a couple cool ideas in a sea of grocery getters.

Now I like the new body style, but I hate all the bells and whistles that they insist on. I just like a normal standard cab 2500 or 3500 4x4 with a diesel and a stick. No power peadals or any crap that goes haywire. Power windows locks and a nice radio are about all I need. Oh and Ac.
They had to change to keep up with Ford and even GM for all the bells and whistles, I for one like them... My mirrors slide in andnout on a switch, how cool is that? Stupid stuff like that makes like easier.... Ford did it all first.... Love that !!
Old 02-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My dad's 2003 dodge had the WPRST interior I ever sat in, his 07 is not any better...
Old 02-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 467 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
lol I hear ya, still funny they put a mustang up agains a vette all the time and it wins or gets awful close for a budget car.... Trucks are better, sell more, and dominate fleet....

Also they have so many more "cool things" made by SVT.... Can't compare to gm and dodge....

Now we gonna drink Saturday??
Since when has a Mustang ever beat a Corvette? Possibly a special edition Stang versus base model Vette. You're off you rocker! Trucks are OK, but better is subjective at best considering what they offer now. I would say that in the 90s, the Ford trucks were the best, now? I would beg to differ, at this point it's a matter of brand loyalty.

And if you;re talking about that $60K+ convertible GT500 (or whatever it's called) that wheel hops and runs 12s, I would ask you to go back to the drawing board. Funny that my neighbor has a "5.0L" that runs a BBC with a Supercharger. I think he once held the record for 10" tire, powered by Chevy. Wonder why he won't run a Ford in it??? Why don't you put Ford BBC in your Mistress???

Last edited by frickstyle; 02-19-2015 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Registered

My dad's 2003 dodge had the WPRST interior I ever sat in, his 07 is not any better...
Those would be the diamler years. Crap.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:28 PM
Registered

They had to change to keep up with Ford and even GM for all the bells and whistles, I for one like them... My mirrors slide in andnout on a switch, how cool is that? Stupid stuff like that makes like easier.... Ford did it all first.... Love that !!
In 94 ford had the same body and can as they did in 88. They changed the headlights and interior a little. Gm had the same body and interior in 94 as it did in 88. That's why the 94 dodge body style with the larger cabs and more aerodynamic styling changed the market. My dad almost bought a ford in 94, because there was a year wait on an extended cab.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Since when has a Mustang ever beat a Corvette? Possibly a special edition Stang versus base model Vette. You're off you rocker! Trucks are OK, but better is subjective at best considering what they offer now. I would say that in the 90s, the Ford trucks were the best, now? I would beg to differ, at this point it's a matter of brand loyalty.

And if you;re talking about that $60K+ convertible GT500 (or whatever it's called) that wheel hops and runs 12s, I would ask you to go back to the drawing board. Funny that my neighbor has a "5.0L" that runs a BBC with a Supercharger. I think he once held the record for 10" tire, powered by Chevy. Wonder why he won't run a Ford in it??? Why don't you put Ford BBC in your Mistress???
There is so ething wrong with people that out bbc in mustangs.... No reason for it... Plenty of power to be made with Ford engines....

600 hp Shelby's can compete is some cases with a vette, point is theyvare totally different platform and cost....

And I wish I could afford to convert the boat to BBF it's just not cost effective at this point, you can make tons of power BBF also

The styling on the newer Ford trucks blows away gm all day long, funny how the cars they are making look like a Taurus, and the escalades are now using headlights that look like explorer ones.... Love how gm is few years late to the table...the gmc truck front end is nearly identical to a 2005 f350 look.... And we had much better looking slide out mirrors that gm didn't even use at all until 8 years after Ford made them...

Can we have beer now? Please... Haha
Old 02-19-2015, 01:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ham_r_down01
In 94 ford had the same body and can as they did in 88. They changed the headlights and interior a little. Gm had the same body and interior in 94 as it did in 88. That's why the 94 dodge body style with the larger cabs and more aerodynamic styling changed the market. My dad almost bought a ford in 94, because there was a year wait on an extended cab.
The 94-02 dodges I actually liked the looks and interior....they will get credit for making the first Tough looking truck that pushed into the last 20 years....

I do like that my super duty has way more space then the smaller gm and dodge cabs.... Love it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.