Notices

Poker run / events

Old 03-23-2023, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 802 Likes on 311 Posts
Default Poker run / events

Hey guys and gals ! Looking at putting a run together for this summer and maybe early fall. We have done some leg work already looking into dockage and lunch stops. Who would be interested? We are closing in on having our 38 gun completed. Looking at a 3 or 4 stop run. If we had a small entrance fee we could do some prizes and some shirts. Just looking to get some boats together and hang out. There’s so many cool runs in Florida why not up here ? We have some really nice places on the lake to explore. Any interest? Would like 20 boat minimum.
Old 03-23-2023, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by division1
Hey guys and gals ! Looking at putting a run together for this summer and maybe early fall. We have done some leg work already looking into dockage and lunch stops. Who would be interested? We are closing in on having our 38 gun completed. Looking at a 3 or 4 stop run. If we had a small entrance fee we could do some prizes and some shirts. Just looking to get some boats together and hang out. There’s so many cool runs in Florida why not up here ? We have some really nice places on the lake to explore. Any interest? Would like 20 boat minimum.

Location???
The following users liked this post:
IGetWet (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 05:29 PM
Registered

Huron / kelly’s island / put in bay / Sandusky/ clam diggers / there is so many good places I figure I can put together enough interest I can map it all out. Also want to put together a Miami to Bimini run for a few days june 2024 with some northern boats. We have a good in at the Hilton over there can arrange some docks and rooms!
Old 03-23-2023, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Not sure if you know about LEOPA but they put on multiple runs a year in this same location..

https://www.leopa.com/
Old 03-23-2023, 08:32 PM
Registered

Yea I’m aware of them they do a few events. I would also like to adventure out and do some farther runs. I’ve had a few boaters reach out I have ran a few of the other events as well.
Old 03-23-2023, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 408 Likes on 226 Posts

Get with Frickstyle on when all the OSO brotheren roll into town… Curt if he is done with the bunny lounge and Kelly
Old 03-24-2023, 10:55 AM
Registered

Sure will!
Old 03-28-2023, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 479 Likes on 219 Posts

Eric - Thunderfest is beginning of August this year.

We usually put something together for Mid-August and some Cig owners come in from various states. Home base being PIB. You could also do State Docks overnight at Middle Bass, might be a change of pace.

For your planning - I would leave out Hidden Beach Bar for a stop - owner / marina master doesn't appreciate loud boats, or Kelly for that matter....

For a Sandusky based Run - I would add: Cleveland or Toledo as a destination trip, Lorain as a stop, possibly even Pelee if you can coordinate it (Canada)

Lots of options. BTW - ours is more "unofficial" sounds like you are trying to start an actual run, we do not clear our stops with any "host" bar.
The following users liked this post:
J-Bonz (04-28-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 01:47 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Is anyone here going to be doing the 1000 islands or Kingston Poker run this year.. I'm new to the poker run scene and would like to meet up with some more experienced folks. I'm on the Canadian side out of Belleville.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blackrain1
Is anyone here going to be doing the 1000 islands or Kingston Poker run this year.. I'm new to the poker run scene and would like to meet up with some more experienced folks. I'm on the Canadian side out of Belleville.
yes I plan on doing the Kingston run and the 1000 islands (Clayton) run.