Hallett vs Formula >

Hallett vs Formula

Notices

Hallett vs Formula

Old 08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hallett vs Formula

Looking at a 95 Hallett 30' and a 89 Formula 272. Hallett rides great, have not been in the fromula yet but which is the better boat? Halletts on the east coast are few and far between. Cool looking. Formulas seem to be all over. Trying to decide. Need input.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 682gold
Looking at a 95 Hallett 30' and a 89 Formula 272. Hallett rides great, have not been in the fromula yet but which is the better boat? Halletts on the east coast are few and far between. Cool looking. Formulas seem to be all over. Trying to decide. Need input.
Halletts are very high quality boats, lots of attention to detail and ergonomics. I am very pleased with mine.
HTH
Old 08-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Dkahnjob;3476452]Halletts are very high quality boats, lots of attention to detail and ergonomics. I am very pleased with mine.
HTH[/QUOT

Did you sell your fountain? Your picture is in a fountain. i looked at them too. Hallett is just a hot looking boat. 30 footer that has plenty of room.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=682gold;3476476]
Originally Posted by Dkahnjob
Halletts are very high quality boats, lots of attention to detail and ergonomics. I am very pleased with mine.
HTH[/QUOT

Did you sell your fountain? Your picture is in a fountain. i looked at them too. Hallett is just a hot looking boat. 30 footer that has plenty of room.
Yes, I did sell the Fountain, then went to a 40' Sea Ray, twin diesel, but the 20kt cruise just didn't get it. The Fountain was a 35 and I loved it, but my slip at Lake Havasu is limited to not over 32' and they would not make any exceptions. The Hallett 27 is good for the lake, but does not compare to the Fountain for ride when the water is rough. I think there may be another Fountain in my future (maybe a 42' for the ocean only). Interestingly the performance numbers on the Hallett with twin 377" Scorpions are identical to the Fountain with twin 500 efi's, but much less gas with the small blocks.

The 30' Hallett is a very nice boat, really solid, would probably ride a lot better than my 27 because it is a lot heaver.