Hallett 270 ?

Notices

Hallett 270 ?

Old 10-21-2013, 03:22 PM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hallett 270 ?

Can you guys tell me about a 270 Hallett there are a couple of nice ones for sale on Powerboat Listings. What is the dead rise on the hull? Is there a pad or is it a true v? From the pictures I have seen it doesn't look like there are any steps in the hull. How are they built, are they balsa cored? Or foam cored? Vacuum bagged etc the pictures I have seen look like there is a lot of detail in their rigging and fit and finish, Anyone in the northeast have one? They all seem to be out west.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KN
Can you guys tell me about a 270 Hallett there are a couple of nice ones for sale on Powerboat Listings. What is the dead rise on the hull? Is there a pad or is it a true v? From the pictures I have seen it doesn't look like there are any steps in the hull. How are they built, are they balsa cored? Or foam cored? Vacuum bagged etc the pictures I have seen look like there is a lot of detail in their rigging and fit and finish, Anyone in the northeast have one? They all seem to be out west.

Thanks
Post this question over on Riverdaves , Halletts are mainly a west coast boat and are used widely on the Colorado river lakes
Old 11-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KN

Thanks
I have a Hallett 270T the T designates that it is twin engine. Mine has MerCruiser Scorpions (377" small blocks) and bravo outdrives. The boat has 22* of dead rise (I think) no delta pad. The build quality is excellent. Mine runs about 75-80 mph, but I have to keep a small amount of tab down or it will chine walk at top speed (pretty scary the first time I had that). The boat performs very well and is a pleasure to drive. From an ergonomics stand point it is the best boat I have ever had. My wife loves it too. Great swim step, easy to board, nice roomy cabin, and really easy on gas. I use about 10 gph usually, if I really run it hard it may use 13-14gph. Not the greatest rough water boat but that is due to the fact that it is pretty light weight for it's size. For hull build specs best to call Jerry Barron at Hallett boats 626-969-3411
Many of the boats are rigged with a single big block and they perform similarly, I just prefer twins for docking and redundancy.