Need opinions on Hallett 255 >

Need opinions on Hallett 255

Notices

Need opinions on Hallett 255

Old 08-20-2015, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Need opinions on Hallett 255

I would like to get some feedback from the Hallett guys about a 255. I have seen one that I am really interested in. I currently have a Checkmate Persuader 261 and I love the boat. However, my wife has requested that we move to a MCOB to get some extra room for her and our grandson. I have narrowed my search to 3 west coast boats, Hallett being one of them. You can probably guess the other two. I would like to find out why Hallett would be a good choice for me. You west coast guys have been around them and I haven’t.

We aren’t big water, big speed people but we do like a good shot of adrenaline now and then. Not sure that I want to move up much bigger than 25-26 ft. We mostly cruise around and enjoy the day on the water. Our home lake is not all that big, but it does get very soupy, due to wind and just a bunch of other boats. Not to mention that almost all of the lake that we use is bulk headed.

Have heard and read that the Hallett is a great cruising boat and is very roomy compared to most. I have never been in one, but I really like the lines and my wife likes the teak floors (go figure).

So, help me convince myself, if I decide to buy a Hallett 255, I will be making the right decision. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hallett is a West Coast boat , go to RiverDaves Place and ask the same question , you'll get a lot more answers
Old 02-24-2016, 09:02 AM
Registered

While looking for a 255, I stumbled onto a near perfect 2001 270 out in Havasu. Went out last weekend and took her for a spin and bought me a new boat. The boat handled like a dream. Having a few mods done right now, but will head back in March to pick her up and bring her to her new home.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you are enjoying your new 270. They are great boats, the build quality it top notch and their service department is beyone top notch. I have a 2000 270T and love it.
Dave
Old 06-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Registered

I just picked it up from ARKO in LHC about a month ago. Had a couple of trailer problems on the way home, so I haven't even had it in the water yet. Tire separated, broken brake line and master cylinder full of gunk. New parts in and will be installed before next weekend and ready to get her wet.

I fell in love with it when I was out in Havasu for the sea trial. It drove and rode great. It was like riding in a big ole Caddy. It was hard to believe the difference in this boat and my old boat. Can't wait to take her out for a spin and let her run.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

Sweet boat, congrats on the 270. Those Hallets have some great lines. .