Speed Questions sr24 >

Speed Questions sr24

Notices

Speed Questions sr24

Old 12-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stirling
Thats a lot of motor ! Any reason your not going the #6 way ?

I have a SR24 with Bmax and 800HP now ,my plan is to convert next year to a twin turbo engine with aprox +1200 hp .
I am thinking about switching to a #6 drive .

The Bmax possibly can handle big horsepower ,but the #6 would be a good insurance

Post pics please

A.J
I wonder what the balance will be with that #6 hanging off the back. Dont know if I ever seen a HTM with a 6

Last edited by tbanzer; 12-31-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbanzer
I wonder what the balance will be with that #6 hanging off the back. Dont know if I ever seen a HTM with a 6
I think the biggest issue would be moving the engine far enough forward to make room for the trans.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by racinjason65
I think the biggest issue would be moving the engine far enough forward to make room for the trans.

It would be aprox in the same position as it is now if I use a NXT transom with NXT trans ,and a #6 drive .

If I remove the blower engine ,there is +- 4 inch extra room to go a little forward by getting rid of the blower pulley /spacer ,and switching to a turbo engine .

Think when going to a #6 transom and Bam /cyborg type trans ,the rear seat needs to go another 8 inch forward ,all could be done ,but have to make some mods to my rear seat .
Old 12-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tbanzer
There was a SR 24 with a #6 long time ago ,it can be seen on youtube at HTM SR 24 boatloversonly I believe in the intro .

I have no idea what the boat will do with the added weight of the #6 and the heavier transom and trannie ,but with the #6 ,there is only choice in cleaver style transom lifting props ,and by the added power from the turbo engine ,I was hoping the hydrodynamics of the hull would lift enough to fly the boat ...