Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hey Strip

Got you boat running yet? how about a update...Jeff
Old 05-06-2005, 01:25 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Hey Strip

Yep for about a week and a Half now . I have been out twice .The 380 Tabs came in today . Ill try them out next week.trying to settle it down . Chime walking bad . I am headed to The TickFaw 200 tomorrow and put some time on them.Running pretty good. I will try to finish my thread in the tech section with all the specks.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...55#post1291555

I have been working day and night for 2 months trying to make this poker run.Thanks to Mark at Precision Marine for the dyno time and computer programing!!. He made it possible for me to make it

I went up 4 prop sizes and ran it up to 6000rpm the last try. I am prob going up another 2 sizes .After this weekend I ll put the 380's on and try it on lite fuel and I bet Ill bang the limiters at 6200.

Its time to have fun now

And Joe at Hustler that a 388 with Bravos couldnt go above 105.well see

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Rob
VIP Member

This was april 17th just putting them in.
Attached Thumbnails Hey Strip-engine-install-4-17-05-053-small-.jpg  

Old 05-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is great! motors look awesome! have you did the bottom mod? @ what speed are you chine walking? the 380s should help.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Jos at Hustler said dot not mod the botton that it will cut in to the stringers and weaken the bottom

He said just put the 380's on and use them like training wheels ?I would rather not have to use them because they will scrub off some speed . but if it makes it settle down I have no choice .

It starts around 97mph .If I have the 280 down to 1 or a half it seems to help . So far I have been 6000rpm with 130 gear and a 28 pitch . At 5700-5800 it gpsed at 99.7mph.

I just got in the 380's an will try them next time out and I am barrowing a set of 30 labed and that should help .We just ran the TickFaw 200 which is a 200 mile power run so i am going to go over every think and make shure every thing is tight. The best thing is I built everything myself and only had a 1 1/2 hours on the package and I had no throuble and 4 of my buddys broke down this weekend. I guess I am next

Also The weight doesent seem to hurt it with full fuel,full water and 5 guys and BEER it gps ed at 98.9 chime walking.

It should be fun.

Rob

Old 05-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob,

Did the 380's help out any? I meant to tell you that mine actually runs better with more fuel in it and it doesn't seem to affect the speed.

Dean
Old 05-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 388Hustler
Rob,

Did the 380's help out any? I meant to tell you that mine actually runs better with more fuel in it and it doesn't seem to affect the speed.

Dean
Mine seems to be slower with more weight in it ,not real sure . I still havent been out testing that much . The tabs seen to help I just have to find the right spot where they barly touching the water.I know the boat does not like flat water. alittle chop makes about 200 rpm.I fixing to try some labed 30's and see if that helps .

see ya

Rob

Old 05-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Registered

Let me know how it turns out. I am hoping to have mine ready by this w/e. Had a few delays with the conversion. They don't bolt on as easily as advertised. Or should I say, not as easily as I had envisioned....

FYI - You have to move your engines forward about 2 inches, cut out several inches of the transom, and fabricate some rear motor mounts.

Later,
Dean

Dean
Old 05-31-2005, 11:21 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 388Hustler
Let me know how it turns out. I am hoping to have mine ready by this w/e. Had a few delays with the conversion. They don't bolt on as easily as advertised. Or should I say, not as easily as I had envisioned....

FYI - You have to move your engines forward about 2 inches, cut out several inches of the transom, and fabricate some rear motor mounts.

Later,
Dean

Dean

Sounds like a lot more work to change it over Will do and good luck.

Rob

Old 06-01-2005, 07:19 AM
Registered

It is a lot of work when you don't really know what you are doing the first time... It will be a lot easier if we ever do it again... We are becomming Arneson experts up here

If you ever do it to your boat, you should send it to Dixie Marine and save yourself the trouble of trial and error...

Dean

Quick Reply: Hey Strip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.