looking for a 388 >

looking for a 388

Notices

looking for a 388

Old 03-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a 388

I have been looking at hustlers for a while and presently own a fountain. I am getting ready to move to fl in a couple months and am looking to upgrade to a 388. My price range is around 100,000.

I would also like some info on the 388 as far as handling in big water and top speed stability. I have read just about every post on here and I see that everyone raves about them. When I bought my fountain I didnt do any research and had no seat time in it. Big mistake. Anyone who lives in or around south jersey that wouldnt mind letting me take a look at their boat please let me know.

Thanks for the help and looking forward to joining the family.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered

Default ProRoc

Concept:

You should talk to Francine or Rolf. They are in Brick, NJ
Phone: 732-477-7039

They will help you out anyway they can.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by concept33
I have been looking at hustlers for a while and presently own a fountain. I am getting ready to move to fl in a couple months and am looking to upgrade to a 388. My price range is around 100,000.

I would also like some info on the 388 as far as handling in big water and top speed stability. I have read just about every post on here and I see that everyone raves about them. When I bought my fountain I didnt do any research and had no seat time in it. Big mistake. Anyone who lives in or around south jersey that wouldnt mind letting me take a look at their boat please let me know.

Im thinking about making the switch from my 35' fountain. Ive always been a little curious as to why you dont hear of any/many going over 100?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jryan26
Im thinking about making the switch from my 35' fountain. Ive always been a little curious as to why you dont hear of any/many going over 100?
The boat was not designed to. The boat was built to run with stock 500's at 85mph, max 90. On the newer ones they correct the hull for over 90mph running which cant be done on the older ones. If you dont run that fast it's no big deal and the boat is great. We just sold ours and it was a fantastic boat. At times it was rock steady at 93mph and other days you have to drive it. The boat is alot bigger than a 35and 38 Fountain. It's comperable to the 42 which is a little bigger. I sent a long pm to runafever about comparing the 388 and a 42 Fountain. I can send it to you if you want.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,098 Likes on 294 Posts

We built some 780hp motors for a 1998 388 with XR drives. It runs great but at over 100 its a lil bit shakey and you have your hands full.

Pretty much fountain40 summed it up
Old 03-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by concept33

what part of fla are you moving to!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered

Talking

Ft lauderdale is the new location, going down this weekend to look at property as long as I dont have to stay home to sea trial the new ride

I think I may have mad a deal today on a 388 at trenton marine. the boat is originaly from brick NJ. It was posted for sale in the classifieds but was marked sold, I guess it was traded at this location. I left a deposit today and am waiting on approval from the bank. looks like I will be leaving the beaker for the hustler. If anyone knows this boat I am looking at please give me some info. hr meters read 67 hours, half cabin with no emenities.

Does a Bare bones boat mean lighter and faster?

It has a set of hp500 carb motors. What should it run. If all goes well sea trial this weekend . I'll keep you guys informed.