if you own a 388 check your amp >

if you own a 388 check your amp

Notices

if you own a 388 check your amp

Old 09-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default if you own a 388 check your amp

Check to make sure your stereo amp is still attached the port bulkhead. Ours had pulled out of the bulkhead and was laying on the stringer with a corner rubbing on the inside of the port hull side. Our stereo had never worked right and there was always a rattle in the ruff stuff that we thought was the cabin door. Amp is now through bolted like the rest of the boat.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When I bought my boat with 38 hours on it,stereo didnt work either,

My 2001 had the sony 5 channel amps piggy backed, the alum stand offs broke,2 screws had backed out and one amp was dandgling by one bolt,So it must be common,
I change mine out to the JL audio 6 channel amp, its a hell of a lot clearer and louder, and it fits in the same spot, I made a board and attached it across from the other amp and bolted more amps it it

There is also a good bit of room behind the dash panel right across form the other amp compartment, the step car[ed board comes out and u cn run wire behind that step

I was thinking the amp bolt screwed into the panel, it had the T nut coming from the back side?

Thanks for bringing that up.

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.