Hustler owner pics

Notices

Hustler owner pics

Old 10-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hustler owner pics

I too am re-doing our new (to us) 40' Hustler. It is a 1997 with twin 500s. Paint on the boat looks just like Hard Ons.

Doing the dash, cabin and cockpit this winter. We only have about 10 hours of seat time, but I like it a lot. The boat really runs nice, and you can not beat the cabin space and headroom.

Have had no luck with getting much information out of Hustler. The Fiore's have been of more help. Tried to get costs on a wind deflector from Hustler, but no responce... tried twice.

I will be very curious to hear how your conversion goes to twins with 825 HP. I do not think an IMCO or Bravo will hold up to the weight and power very well. The Weismann drive is interesting choice. Please keep us posted on the results of both boats.

I hope to look at more power next winter, after we have the seat time to get comfortable. Right now we are at about 75mph with the twin 500s. The boat really planes nicely.

Do you add a lot of trim to get your top speed?
Old 10-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Registered

I Am Still Leaning How To Get Around In Here.
I Think Its Easier To Jam My 40 Into 401/2 At The Dock On A Windy Saturday.
But Ill Get The Hang!
Thank's Strip Poker 388. I Will Try To Get More Pics On.
Boomer 880, I Might Be Able To Help With That Wind Def.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Registered

I Think I Ran Out Of Space On The Last One.
Boomer I Have Had Many Ups And Downs With "h" But In The End (waaaaay End) Thay Did Come Through.
The Wind Def. Is From A Copany From Florida. Orig Designed For The Fifty. A Friend Of Mine Was Able To Get One But The Only Catch Is It Goes Into A Trak Supplyed By H .i Made A Pretty Nice One And Found Out Just How Long I Can Stand On My Toes At Night. Useless!!if You Want To Call Me My Cell Is 914-424-5990.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Registered

Thanks Hard On, Please Let Me Know How Much Those Drives Ran You And How They Are Working Out. If You Want To Call Me My Cell Is 914-424-5990.
I Am Shotting For Key West Poker Run Nov.05 For Completion.

Hustlers Are Sweet Though!
Old 10-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
I too am re-doing our new (to us) 40' Hustler. It is a 1997 with twin 500s. Paint on the boat looks just like Hard Ons.

Doing the dash, cabin and cockpit this winter. We only have about 10 hours of seat time, but I like it a lot. The boat really runs nice, and you can not beat the cabin space and headroom.

Have had no luck with getting much information out of Hustler. The Fiore's have been of more help. Tried to get costs on a wind deflector from Hustler, but no responce... tried twice.

I will be very curious to hear how your conversion goes to twins with 825 HP. I do not think an IMCO or Bravo will hold up to the weight and power very well. The Weismann drive is interesting choice. Please keep us posted on the results of both boats.

I hope to look at more power next winter, after we have the seat time to get comfortable. Right now we are at about 75mph with the twin 500s. The boat really planes nicely.

Do you add a lot of trim to get your top speed?

Try Mary Ellen she is Joes wife and will get you what you need. She is a nice lady and probably the boss .They have a new parts guy and I have not talked to him yet Maybe he will beable to handle the load . Ya know they are a small company and sounds like they are usually short handed,If not just ask for Joe

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the info... I will keep trying Hustler.

I might go with a custom wind deflector, as it might better meet my needs. Looking for something like the Cig. or Nortech.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

You can also ask for Chip there as well, yes the Fiore's also helped me on my boat as well for questions, but chip can get the parts together for ya as well. As for the completion date probably about the same if I can get off my butt and get going again and stay hooked up on it. will let you know what the weismanns ran as well. I am also looking fo rthe custom wind deflector have also considiered running the popups by livorsi as well as another option.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:33 AM
Registered

I Saw The Pop-ups At The Miami Boat Show Last Year And Don't Think They Would Do You Boat Justice Cosmeticly That Is.

Hey Maybe We Can All Shoot For Key West 05!
I Think A Bunch Of Hustler's Would Be Pretty Awsome!
Try Daytona Plastics On The Wind Deflector. But In You Boat At Night Like I Do Make Sure You Have Something To Stand On Cause You Can't See !#@t! Unless Your 6' 10.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Still no feedback from Hustler on a wind deflector... 2 more messages!

I will have a custom one made from clear plexus or ???? I think a 6" clear shield will work. Thoughts?

I am 6'4", so no step stool for me. My wife is 5'4" and loves driving the boat.

Hustler sure builds a boat with some nice hardware. It was a pain in the &^%$&^ to get some of the boat apart!
Old 11-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
Still no feedback from Hustler on a wind deflector... 2 more messages!

I will have a custom one made from clear plexus or ???? I think a 6" clear shield will work. Thoughts?

I am 6'4", so no step stool for me. My wife is 5'4" and loves driving the boat.

Hustler sure builds a boat with some nice hardware. It was a pain in the &^%$&^ to get some of the boat apart!

Are you emailing them or calling ?Did ya get ahold of Mary ellen?

Good Luck

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Hustler owner pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.