Wrong info on credit report. >

Wrong info on credit report.

Notices

Wrong info on credit report.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Wrong info on credit report.

I've been reading a lot of credit score topics on here lately. Some of the info started my curiosity on my credit score. That and the fact that we are in the process of building a home made me decide to purchase a package from My FICO viewing all three credit score from the different agencies. Something I had always wanted to know but had never done.

The info I saw on my report pretty much confirmed my thoughts. I have right about the credit score I thought I would. But, there is something on there that I feel is misrepresented and I would like to know how to handle it.

Quick credit history on myself. I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER missed a payment on anything nor knowingly paid anything late. End of discussion.

Two years ago when I moved my business I had all of my mail forwarded to the new address. For some reason the post office elected to fullfill there obligation on this act for all of my mail except for one thing. I had a laptop I had just purchased from Dell. I was making about three payments total on it to pay it off quickly. No big deal. They did not forward this statement to me and Dell finally called me. I was not happy about this. Dell didn't really care about my story. From the looks of it this is not on any of the reports that I saw.

Now for what I didn't know about. I am self employed. I occasionally have to move money from here to there to make ends meet. Nothing special really. I have a loan at my bank for the business that I started a few years ago to consolidate a bunch of small stuff I had at the time. I realized the monthly savings and long term interest savings quickly and couldn't pass it up in my head. I sometimes renew this loan to update equipment or inventory for my business. I was in need of redoing this note about three years ago with the bank and requested this of them. I might add that there was a new loan officer handling my accounts that was apparently on a different timeline than I was. I noted to him that I had a payment due on this note within ten days and asked if I needed to make this or not considering we were redoing the note. He indicated to me that I didn't need to worry about it, he would take care of it. After a couple of weeks of waiting I had still not heard from him to let me know he was ready for me to sign the new note. I called him and jogged his memory. I honestly think he forgot about me. Another two weeks went by and still nothing. I then get a letter in the mail stating I was delinquent on this note in excess of 30 days. I about freaked. I called the bank manager and she assured me this would be taken care of and my note would be quickly pushed through. She also indicated that I didn't need to worry abouty making a payment until the loan was finished. It took almost three more weeks before he ever called me in and asked me to sign the paperwork. At which point in time I was assured the I would not be shown delinquent on said note.

Just looked at all three credit reporting agencies through the FICO account I set up. All three show one negative under my name. Anyone care to guess what it is? You go it! That tard charged me with an over 30 day late notice on my credit report with a payment amount of $720.

Now since then I have moved my business banking elsewhere. I'd say it's fairly obvious why. The seperation was less then smooth. Somewhat ugly actually. They indicated to me they could care less if they ever saw me again.

What are my options? Do I have any at all? Is it even worth messing with? I have principals and I feel it's worth it in my head. Given their attitude towards me will they fight me to the end to keep this on my report?

Any bankers on here that care to comment on this? I really feel I am in the right here. Am I the one that screwed up and just didn't realize it?

Sorry about the long post....

Buck

Last edited by buck183; 12-10-2006 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Registered

Default Re: Wrong info on credit report.

I might add that my credit score is still good regardless of this on incident. I don't know that it would even increase if it wasn't on there. Maybe it would make a difference, maybe it woudln't? Someone else may know.

I guess the way this bank treated me the last year I was with them eats at me more than anything. Then I find this out and I feel the need to let them know how bad this guy is at his job. After this happened he failed to return my calls three more times in the following two years. I reported this to the bank manager and got told he was a busy man and I just needed to deal with it.

The officer that handled my accounts before usually had my loans done in less than three days just off of a phone call. He had everything done for me I just had to come in and sign when he was ready for me. I might add he would even put the money in my account prior to me signing too. Maybe this guy just spoiled me?

Buck
Old 12-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been fighting ID theft since about 96'. I get it pretty much straightened up then WHAM, out of the wood works comes something else.

For example: A hospital in Miami claims I owe them over 40K for emergency room/admittance services. The last time I was in Miami, hell, they spoke English there. This was approximately 1961...

For my biopsy results, I pay my skin cancer doctor directly, yet for three years, the lab has been billing me seperately. My skin doctor's office has called at least six times and the lab just keeps sending me these bills.

Unfortunately, Credit Reporting Agencies have NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER TO SEE WHAT THEY REPORT IS ACCURATE. I could report that anybody on this forum owes me money, and it's going to be up to YOU to prove YOU don't.....

This has become such an apparently unresolvable issue, that the Social Security Administration has suggested I consider changing my name and being issued a new SS#....

I had 3 bank accounts hacked three months ago and took WAY too long to get my money returned....not to mention two meetings with the FBI....who informed me that internet crime is now more than all other crime combined and they can't stop it...or even slow it down....
Old 12-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

yes, it is effecting your score ...period

first thing to do is call the 3 agencies and dispute it.
follow-up @ 30 and 60 days. You will get mail from them of where the dispute stands.

most of the time when you dispute it will be removed, just out of lack of personell to follow up if nothing else. If a CLEAR case can't be had against you, it will be removed.

If you are otherwise a GOLDEN credit history guy, that helps because a negative doesn't fit your profile.

If your like me your PISSED and will take the dispute as far as you have to regardless of the PITA, because you are confident and comfortable that you don't deserve the negative.

I have never had a "misunderstanding" like yours, but I did have a delinquency of my X-wifes show up...it was deleted from my profile ASAP when I disputed.

Good luck.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

went through a similar situation...did a consolidation and was assured it would be paid off within 10 days. all where except for 2 credit cards with the same bank, got the call from them reguarding the late pymts, called the bank handling my debt consolidation assured me the checks were sent out, 2 days later the calls continued. Bottom line the pymts were due and I shoulda seen to it that they were paid. Worst case i had small credits due to overpymt...yea it sucks but they were in fact late
Old 12-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

oh and it turns out that the bank i was paying off actually had the money, BUT the bank that sent it messed up an acct number so they didnt know where it belonged they had my name and address but a 17 digit acct number instead of 16 and that acct received ALL the money...they never sent any towards the other acct
Old 12-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Registered

Did some more research after I made my post last night. The Dell incident isn't on my credit report anywhere fortunately. It's actually the one that could be there with some sort of reason IMO. Keep in mind that the other incident is the ONLY bad mark on my score. Albeit untrue, it is there.

There a lot of FAQs on the FICO site that I read up on. These FAQs kind of addressed my situation in a way. They indicated that one over 30 incident may not be making much difference if any on my score. It said that if I have only one and my 20 or so years of credit history show otherwise that the institutions will note this as unusual and not pay any attention to it. It said that the incident will stick out as something that is probably not correct and be noted as such.

Either way it is there.

Like Rippem said, it will probably eat at me so bad that I can't stand it anyway. Just don't know if I want to make a scene here at a local bank to get it corrected. Being in a small town people talk and it may affect my business more than I care for it to.

By the way, my score was high enough that I qualify for the lowest interest rates possible on just about anything offered. Maybe it's not worth messing with?

Buck
Old 12-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW, you can get a free credit report from each of the big 3 annually from www.annualcreditreport.com.

You don't pay unless you want credit scores. It also will not show as an inquiry on your credit report. This is the "official" place to get one that was made part of the FCRA a few years ago.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
BTW, you can get a free credit report from each of the big 3 annually from www.annualcreditreport.com.

You don't pay unless you want credit scores. It also will not show as an inquiry on your credit report. This is the "official" place to get one that was made part of the FCRA a few years ago.
Mike,

I was actually hoping you would read this. Thanks for the info.

What is your take on this scenerio?

Buck
Old 12-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sent you a PM

Quick Reply: Wrong info on credit report.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.