Notices

Progressive

Old 12-31-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 1,004 Likes on 532 Posts
Default Re: Progressive

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I was with a client yesterday in a body shop.He was working on a 05 vehicle was installing a used rocker panel , door pillar and doors because thats all progressive would pay for.Seems that they want all vehicles repaired with used parts to save money
All insurance companies will try to do the used parts thing but if your client refuses and tells them he will sue they will back down and install new. My buddy had a 8 month old/5,000 mile Chevy pickup they tried that scam on and they finally agreed to install new parts only after a few calls/letters from his attorney.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I was with a client yesterday in a body shop.He was working on a 05 vehicle was installing a used rocker panel , door pillar and doors because thats all progressive would pay for.Seems that they want all vehicles repaired with used parts to save money
I have been in the body shop Business a LONG time they are the worst i have EVER worked with... Just like everything else you get what you pay for... STAY AWAY... its cheep intill you need it.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope we never have a claim as what customryder says is what I've heard about how they handle claims. They are hard core when it comes to paying a claim. However, when I repowered my boat, I wanted to up the value and I went with them to save about 25% a year AND up the value, way up, and include the "manufactures" rated HP. Premium went down but last year when we renewed, they dropped it another $100!!!!

Again, I hope I don't have a damage claim, but rates were good to me.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:10 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts

A buddy who had Progressive experienced a fire to the warehouse his boat was in....total loss, they caught the kids that did it (accidental! )
Anyway, he fought for 8 months to get 80% of what he had the boat insured for and only settled because he had found another boat he wanted bad. I promptly dropped them after hearing his and similar stories regarding claims.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
...he fought for 8 months to get 80% of what he had the boat insured for...
Why is that? I'm curious. I'm of the understanding that agreed value, is just that. An agreed value of the boat. I can see them trying to push the limits, but if they are held to the policy????? My BIL is an attorney and he's said he will not, for any reason, take a case against a discount auto insurer. However, although not a topic of auto's, I would not consider Progressive a "discount" insurer. They are usually the ones that do local commercials. LOL

I had a friend that had an issue with one, and he would not take it. He suggested hunting for an attorney with a "boner" for the carrier.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:08 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

They claimed the agreed value was 2 years ago when they wrote the policy and that they now were going to use book value.
Boat was a 89 38 Fountain that had a total re-fit 3 years earlier. New 500EFI's, Huber 1250 trannies, #4's, new Eagle trailer, complete new cockpit, dash, paint, etc. (the boat had big power but was re-fitted with new 500's when my buddy bought it a year after the restoration) Book value was considerably less because of the added hardware.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
They claimed the agreed value was 2 years ago when they wrote the policy and that they now were going to use book value.
Boat was a 89 38 Fountain that had a total re-fit 3 years earlier. New 500EFI's, Huber 1250 trannies, #4's, new Eagle trailer, complete new cockpit, dash, paint, etc. (the boat had big power but was re-fitted with new 500's when my buddy bought it a year after the restoration) Book value was considerably less because of the added hardware.
I have had progressive for various recreational vehicles and they do not insure for stated value,only actual market value so I can see where your buddy had a problem. Lets say you insure your boat with them for 50,000$ and your premium is 500$,your boat has a total loss and they feel the market value is 35,000,thats what they are going to pay. If you talk to a agent they are usually pretty clear about it. Lets say you insured your boat for 35,000 and the premium is 350$ but your boat is worth 50,000$,they are only going to pay you 35,000 on a total loss. They encourage you to lower your insured value as they only cover vehicles for market value,your rates would reflect the lower value so if someone bought a new boat for 90,000$ 5 years ago and they never lowered their coverage limit they might as well so they can pay a lower premium as any claim will be based on current market value,its just the way it is,Smitty
Old 01-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lost My Ass With Them On A Boat That Was Stolen!!!!!
My Only Claim Ever Put In Against A Boat That I've Owned. So Much For Having A Clean Record Of 20 Plus Years Of Boating.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:43 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by articfriends
I have had progressive for various recreational vehicles and they do not insure for stated value,only actual market value so I can see where your buddy had a problem. Lets say you insure your boat with them for 50,000$ and your premium is 500$,your boat has a total loss and they feel the market value is 35,000,thats what they are going to pay. If you talk to a agent they are usually pretty clear about it. Lets say you insured your boat for 35,000 and the premium is 350$ but your boat is worth 50,000$,they are only going to pay you 35,000 on a total loss. They encourage you to lower your insured value as they only cover vehicles for market value,your rates would reflect the lower value so if someone bought a new boat for 90,000$ 5 years ago and they never lowered their coverage limit they might as well so they can pay a lower premium as any claim will be based on current market value,its just the way it is,Smitty
Obviously he thought he was covered....not sure how the policy was written. With all that new (2-3 years old) hardware the boat was certainly worth more than NADA though!
Old 01-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
I have been in the body shop Business a LONG time they are the worst i have EVER worked with... Just like everything else you get what you pay for... STAY AWAY... its cheep intill you need it.

same as I heard

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Progressive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.