Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Thanks for the back handed compliment but that is nothing in relation to the boats we are speaking of here.
How much does the Bravo Conversion Kit run? Everyone I've spoken to about them says its a huge hassle to change over and its not that simple. That was over a year ago though, so im assuming this is new (the bravo conversion)?
Phil, once again.... I'm with you, arenson all the way.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I looked into it for my 38 Donzi and when everything was said and done the Arneson Conversion was going to be over $50,000 for the pair. That is why I am going with the Imco SCX uppers (already had the Sportmaster lowers) on my ITS Bravo Set up. Cost wise including all new stainless lines, bellows, and putting everything else new in there while we have it apart will cost around $25k.
If I were buying a boat new, there is no doubt I would build an Arneson boat because you can set all the dimensions accordingly and they are extremely well built, but the conversion didn't make sense to me.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Back handed? Were talking single engine vees...theres two single engine vees with arnesons i have experience with...you know both of them. The woodie runs really nice...sorry, next time i just wont compliment at all.
Actually Johnny, if you read my post, I said to do a full stagger in Jay's boat, as in TWIN LS7's and Arnesons. Now that would be sweet.

As far as single engine vees with Arnesons goes, I would love to try it just not to pay for it unless it works as planned.

I agree with Tom also, when I build a new boat at some point in my life, I will have Arnesons installed. Probably cheaper thta way too.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered

25k a piece????? PHUCK THAT. If only they made affordable drives.... they'd be in an entirely different sector of the market place. Maybe even give Mercury a run for their money.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
25k a piece????? PHUCK THAT. If only they made affordable drives.... they'd be in an entirely different sector of the market place. Maybe even give Mercury a run for their money.
They are no $25K each. Tom was talking installed price on the boat (paying someone to perform the work)

As to Tommy, look at your statement preferring not to use Arnesons on this application then saying "yeah yeah yeah....we have one of your units on a Van Dam woodie...runs great" all I am saying is that the Van Damn being a single engine rudder steering mid engine placed wooden boat has no similarities to the application at hand and if you are basing anything off that then you are not looking at the overall picture as "Jacqueline" is a different type of boat than what we are discussing.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

What do you think another drive that can handle power without breaking costs...........ie Speedmaster 6, 8, NXT, Ilmor Indy ect......they're all slightly more exspensive. You cant compare any bravo based drive to an Arneson. Totally different ball game. The Arneson is a superior product.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,097 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
They are no $25K each. Tom was talking installed price on the boat (paying someone to perform the work)

As to Tommy, look at your statement preferring not to use Arnesons on this application then saying "yeah yeah yeah....we have one of your units on a Van Dam woodie...runs great" all I am saying is that the Van Damn being a single engine rudder steering mid engine placed wooden boat has no similarities to the application at hand and if you are basing anything off that then you are not looking at the overall picture as "Jacqueline" is a different type of boat than what we are discussing.
Like i said, next time i just wont compliment at all. BTW...its Johnny
Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Like i said, next time i just wont compliment at all. BTW...its Johnny
Sorry I was wrong with your name, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Registered

Old 03-09-2011, 03:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About this whole $25k a piece business or whatever they cost in real life. Lets say for arguements sake that they are actually $25k each (even though I have heard as low at $21k each) and compare that to the full setup needed when building a new boat, not converting an old one.

Transom Assembly with full steering for a Bravo style drive: $8449.00
http://www.imcomarine.com/ca_store/i...roducts_id=775

Imco SC Drive (would go with SCX but will compromise with SC): $10,975.00
http://diamondperformanceparts.com/p...cat=258&page=1

Hydraulic Helm Setup: $860.00 (not including lines OR power steering pumps)
http://www.cpperformance.com/p-12362...-assembly.aspx

So that is a grand total of : $20284.00

Want to add an extension box, that the Arneson just so happens to come with???

Add another $1800.00
http://www.cpperformance.com/p-13905...-box-only.aspx

and this is without even getting into trim pumps, or bellhousing, or transmission, all that come with the ASD-7M.

So from the looks of it, if you are rigging out a NEW boat, the choice to go with Arnesons should not be difficult. I am sure that you will argue that these are MSRP prices and not actual out the door prices, but I bet if you were serious about putting two of Riks drives on a new boat, he would cut you some slack also.

Lets not start pricing out a dry sump Six or even an NXT package.

I realize tht I dont even own an Arneson product, but I feel like Rik gets way too much flak on here for the OUTRAGEOUS price of his drives, that turns out isnt that outrageous at all when you consider all that it comes with standard.
* Aluminum drop center (AI#7M): 1 each aluminum thrust assembly (gear or chain drive)
* 1 each steering cylinder with external hoses and fittings
* 1 each trim cylinder with external hoses and fittings
* 1 Mechanical Tie Bar Mount
* 1 Trim Pump
* 1 AI#7M Standoff Box
* 1 Transmission
* 1 Bellhousing
* 1 Drive Plate
* 1 Short Coupled Drive Line
* 1 each helm unit

Rik, you are welcome. And you can use this post on all of those annoying ass threads about how pricey your drives are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.