Laveycraft EVO 28 - choice of lower unit >

Laveycraft EVO 28 - choice of lower unit

Notices

Laveycraft EVO 28 - choice of lower unit

Old 08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Definitely post build pictures! Can't wait to see it. I love this boat, just wish it had at least a rudimentary cabin to escape from rain or bad weather in a pinch.

Uncle Dave, the Howard Bullet you are speaking of actually has a 5.0l Whipple TPI engine in it and it hit 130mph.
I will take pictures and post some reviews, Im putting a lot of the latest technology in this 2750 here's a partial list

New ultralight & compact peltier element based cabin AC- for said nasty weather.
New Tricolor ed LED 5 zone lighting and LED Beach lighting
If we can fit it- Furuno Navnet3D MDF8 real time 3DGPS & Radar
IF Not GArmin 5K series
Complete Livorsi dash

Ive got a list of cool stuff a mile long- Ill keep you apprised.

trying to figure out how to prop it now....

"Uncle Dave"
Old 08-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
I will take pictures and post some reviews, Im putting a lot of the latest technology in this 2750 here's a partial list

New ultralight & compact peltier element based cabin AC- for said nasty weather.
New Tricolor ed LED 5 zone lighting and LED Beach lighting
If we can fit it- Furuno Navnet3D MDF8 real time 3DGPS & Radar
IF Not GArmin 5K series
Complete Livorsi dash

Ive got a list of cool stuff a mile long- Ill keep you apprised.

trying to figure out how to prop it now....

"Uncle Dave"
Dave, I'm running an Imco 2" shortie with a 30 Hering in my 2750 and it is pushing 100mph GPS and rides like a dream.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic. what are you using for power?

I was counting on low to mid 90's wit the 710.

Is this 2750 your fist Lavey?

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - in 2 months!
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406/ITS
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan
Old 08-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hotlavey
Dave, I'm running an Imco 2" shortie with a 30 Hering in my 2750 and it is pushing 100mph GPS and rides like a dream.
What power are you running? Open or closed bow? I heard that the 2750s get real loose and start chinewalking at high speeds, is this the case with yours?
-Tom
Old 08-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Fantastic. what are you using for power?

I was counting on low to mid 90's wit the 710.

Is this 2750 your fist Lavey?

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - in 2 months!
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406/ITS
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan

I'm running an HP500, 3.3 Whipple, AFR Heads, and the Imco with the Hering. I have had some bottom work done and it made all the difference in the world. At speed you can run hands off with no tabs, no chine walking, no porpoising, just fast and smooth. It's my second Lavey, first one was the XTC 21 footer with the HP500- great boat, as is the 2750.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
What power are you running? Open or closed bow? I heard that the 2750s get real loose and start chinewalking at high speeds, is this the case with yours?
-Tom
Check my reply above. Mine is a closed bow and estimated power is close to 800 according to the guys that did the work. As for handling, the bottom work made all the difference. It is now an awesome boat to drive at any speed and any water.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotlavey
Check my reply above. Mine is a closed bow and estimated power is close to 800 according to the guys that did the work. As for handling, the bottom work made all the difference. It is now an awesome boat to drive at any speed and any water.
Oh ok was yours the one that Brent Leach did the work on? I think I talked to you a while back about the work you had done and I'm now looking at having Brent do some work on my boat.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

Oh ok was yours the one that Brent Leach did the work on? I think I talked to you a while back about the work you had done and I'm now looking at having Brent do some work on my boat.
Yes, mine was the one he worked on. I don't believe he is working out of ECM's facility tho, are you in contact with him? He really knows his stuff and you won't go wrong with him. He's also a very nice guy.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered

Funny you should ask because I called and left a message for him today and he never called back. Do you know where he has gone?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Registered

Funny you should ask because I called and left a message for him today and he never called back. Do you know where he has gone?
Rumor has it that he has closed his Next custom boats biz and is selling the molds.
I guess you should probably call the guys at ECM and ask them about Brent's whereabouts and also whether or not they do any bottom work themselves.
Sorry I can't be of more help- I'm just thankfull he was around to do the job on my boat along with alot of help from ECM.

Quick Reply: Laveycraft EVO 28 - choice of lower unit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.