NuEra 2750/29 >

NuEra 2750/29

Notices

NuEra 2750/29

Old 05-24-2016, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NuEra 2750/29

Quick question about these two boats (MCOB if it makes a difference). What are the max occupancy and payload for each of these? Just curious and could not find that info anywhere. Thanks.

Last edited by fastestbowtie; 05-24-2016 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-24-2016, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never been in a Lavey with a "capacity plate" on it. That said Ive seen capacity plates that were wildly optimistic.

I "think" in that case the law says everyone has to have a seat, (and a vest) and you are legal. Love to hear from the peanut gallery on this.

Theoretically that could be - 4 across the back, skipper/ copilot, 2-4 in cabin, 2 in bow. - 10-12? Although I wouldnt do that unless rescuing an upturned ferry or commercial airliner in a water landing.

UD
Old 05-24-2016, 05:55 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Dave I was going to email you about this post.

Also actually I will be at Cedar Creek Lake this Friday working on a Sea Ray and Jetski. I have a bunch of boat customers on the same lake. If every needed you can get in touch with me as well.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or contact info posted on www.laveycraft.com
Old 05-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

and then there is the unwritten rule......
too many guys and not enough chicks (sausage fest) = time to put boat away....! Unless you own the 39 and all your (buddies) ride with you....... Hmmm who could this be??????
Old 05-25-2016, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schweeng
and then there is the unwritten rule......
too many guys and not enough chicks (sausage fest) = time to put boat away....! Unless you own the 39 and all your (buddies) ride with you....... Hmmm who could this be??????

Yeah when I went out on it - it was total sausage fest.

Time for the riders to buy their own boats!

UD
Old 05-30-2016, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't have a capacity plate, which is not required on boats under 20ft, this is the official rule of thumb based on the average weight of an adult being 185lbs: Length of boat x Width of boat divided by 15 = approximate number of people.

Yes I remember my boaters safety course. LOL
Old 05-31-2016, 08:06 PM
Registered

Weird, mine is a 19.5' boat and has the capacity plate stating the max capacity is 7. Usually that is fine but I have been limited a few times by the number despite several on the boat being young kids and grandkids. I was just curious what the number was on these boats since that is what I want to replace mine with. I was under the impression they all had to have the capacity label and were all restricted unless it was classified as "yacht" or something like that. I guess based on the rule above either boat would have a limited capacity of 15 or more which is way more than I would ever consider. I could see maybe 5-6 adults (mixed genders) and 4-6 young ones.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:29 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

^^^^ So are you looking for a bigger boat plus a midcabin option ?.

Also owning something totally different that is not running around Texas compared what everyone has here a dime a dozen ? It would be great to get a brand new Laveycraft out on the waterways in Texas.

Any interest on your side for a new build ? If not currently at least keep them in your plans when that day comes. Thanks
Old 06-02-2016, 02:19 AM
Registered

Maybe if I won the lottery... otherwise it the used boat market for me. Ive already missed out on 5 or 6 that I was very interested in either because someone beat me to it or the timing was just not right. Definitely want a mid cabin. More room for people with just enough room for someone to get out of the sun if they want. Would prefer one with doors just in case someone needed to change into a swim suite or something while out. Also whenever the time comes I dont want to slow down. So I would like to go from a 19.5 ft 72 MPH boat to a 28+ ft 72+MPH boat.