Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
RPM 26 Redline By Lavey Craft >

RPM 26 Redline By Lavey Craft

Notices

RPM 26 Redline By Lavey Craft

Old 06-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I got the pleasure of riding in and driving this boat last weekend and all I can say is that it's AMAZING! The boat handles the single #6 drive great with no issues that I felt or noticed. Water condition was dead flat calm water so the boat had a tiny bit of hop from 75-80mph so I'm not too sure if that is because of the #6 drive or just the common catamaran characteristic in calm water. The prop used was a Mercury CNC 5 blade, 16.5" diameter, 33 pitch, 18 degree rake. We tested the boat at Lake Elsinore which is a pretty small lake and not known for the best of speed numbers. I was very surprised at how quick the boat got up on plane having only 700hp and spinning the big cleaver. Once up on plane it really accelerated great up to 90mph and then around 95mph the boat felt as if it took another set and just took off going 95-108mph very quickly and it never felt loose and was very planted to the water. We ended up running out of lake at 108mph and was just bout to click 109mph before I had to pull back and slow down. Talking with Chris after the run we feel very strong that with more room to hang it out it will run 110+mph, all with the stock Merc 700SCi ECU.

Just a speculation on my past experiences of driving boats and comparing how this boat ran in the short distance... I personally feel like under ideal conditions, light load, 1-2 people on board, and some good space to hang the boat out it could possibly run 115mph. Having "only" 700hp the boat needs some room and time to get the momentum going to spin the big cleaver and let the RPM/MPH catch up.

I have some video clips from running the boat I am putting together and I will post it within the next couple days.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (06-29-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet vid!
The RPM 26 Redline was always a great boat and what Lavey Craft has done with it is over the top!
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (06-29-2020), lavey jr (04-20-2020)