Time killing question >

Time killing question

Notices

Time killing question

Old 03-19-2019, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Time killing question

Lavey Jr or anyone else on here, do you have any idea of roughly how much it would cost to get a closed bow 2750 converted to an open bow at the factory?
Old 03-21-2019, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
Lavey Jr or anyone else on here, do you have any idea of roughly how much it would cost to get a closed bow 2750 converted to an open bow at the factory?
I'm assuming a mid cabin open bow, right?

Lavey has never built or converted a 2750 to a full walk through open bow, but I'm sure they can do it. That would just require quite a bit more work I think.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

Nordic may do it. I've read they charge around $5K. Maybe a little more for the tradesman that's never done it before.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Nordic may do it. I've read they charge around $5K. Maybe a little more for the tradesman that's never done it before.
Why not take it to the manufacturer that built the boat?
Lavey Craft will do anything that any customer wants done to their boat, within safe measures. Lavey has converted a lot of their boats to open bows, along with many other brand of boats.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lavey jr

I'm assuming a mid cabin open bow, right?

Lavey has never built or converted a 2750 to a full walk through open bow, but I'm sure they can do it. That would just require quite a bit more work I think.
Yes, mid cabin open bow. That is what I want, but can’t find any of them anymore.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:36 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Its a westcoast thing with those MCOB boats. They never took off in Texas and you can not give one away here. I would do a search in AZ and CA cause really thats the only 2 states has this MCOB more so in numbers. In 20 years I have only ever seen 5 MCOB s in Texas
Old 03-31-2019, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie

Yes, mid cabin open bow. That is what I want, but can’t find any of them anymore.
All said and done it’s around $7500

Originally Posted by BUP
Its a westcoast thing with those MCOB boats. They never took off in Texas and you can not give one away here. I would do a search in AZ and CA cause really thats the only 2 states has this MCOB more so in numbers. In 20 years I have only ever seen 5 MCOB s in Texas
Thats true, but don’t forget there’s the twin outboard 2750 MCOB in the Louisiana area.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:22 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by lavey jr

All said and done it’s around $7500

Thats true, but don’t forget there’s the twin outboard 2750 MCOB in the Louisiana area.
Ljr. Hope your doing well and congrats with your new little one. I bet your Dad is surely a proud grand dad.

Anyways I wanted to make clear I was not pointing at Lavey Craft nor singling them out with the MCOB s but what I really was saying ALL the boat builders -- WESTCOAST MCOB's as really none of them have made their way into Texas as a set up of choice.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
And I have never understood that. All though I have seen more than that on Lake Travis. Cuddy cabin is wasted space in Texas. All it ends up being used for is storing life vest and water toys. Too damn hot for anyone to hang out down there.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:07 AM
Registered

By the way BUP, what is the status on your new ride? It has been 6 months since I saw Dave post something. Did you ever get the final numbers on your motor? I would sure like to see a Laveycraft in person. Hopefully before I drive somewhere to buy one. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.