Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
2750 NuEra and Maximus Prop (Jr) >

2750 NuEra and Maximus Prop (Jr)

Notices

2750 NuEra and Maximus Prop (Jr)

Old 09-05-2020, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2750 NuEra and Maximus Prop (Jr)

Jr.
Are the excellent results with Maximus props with stock or labbed props?
Cut down diameter? Short or long tube ?
Running 2" shorty and updated bottom and will be running 26 or 27 pitch to about 6000..
Thanks​

Last edited by Nordicflame; 09-05-2020 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
Jr.
Are the excellent results with Maximus props with stock or labbed props?
Cut down diameter? Short or long tube ?
Running 2" shorty and updated bottom and will be running 26 or 27 pitch to about 6000..
Thanks​
Sorry I missed this post.

I've had good results with the Maximus, but the EXCELLENT results have come from the Max5. Both props I speak of were lab finished, all Max5 props are lab props with what Mercury calls a pro finish (shiny vs the older dull look)
Both props have their benefits in different situations.

The different diameter Maximus props I've tested have been 15" and 15 1/4" both were cut down short tube. I've also tested the standard length tube and on the top end is where I noticed the most difference and it created too much stern lift. If mid range cruise speed is your main priority then the Maximus is going to be better. Although, the Max5 15 1/4" might be just as good but I have not tested one yet.

For the Max5 the only diameter I've tested is the 15" and that was the standard length tube, they also make the ST which is the Short Tube.
This prop is overall the best prop I have ever tested! The needed tab input that pretty much all 2750's require is next to nothing with the Max5.

I just tested a 2750 MCOB with Merc 565 and ITS the other week. Spun a Max 5 15" 28 pitch to 85mph at 5200rpm.

Your best bet would be to buy a prop from Teague Custom Marine. If you call them and talk to Josh or Bob about props they will set you up damn near spot on. Also ask them if the prop set up ends up a little bit off can you replace the prop for a different size, chances are you can do a 1 time prop swap as long as you actually buy one.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:49 PM
Registered

Thanks Jr!
I took it for its last run with big power, 1" spacer, and the 31 Herring 5 blade and it was not comfortable at all. I am dropping hp from 1015+ to ~750-775 so looking to drop pitch.
The boat ran flat as can be with no spacer and near triple digits at substantially less than full throttle with the Herring. The down side is the Herring 5 blade prop takes a ton of work to plane and is not acceptable.
Guess I have been away too long and never heard of that prop.
I will check it out.

Thanks!

Last edited by Nordicflame; 09-11-2020 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lavey jr

I just tested a 2750 MCOB with Merc 565 and ITS the other week. Spun a Max 5 15" 28 pitch to 85mph at 5200rpm.
Jr,
Were all of your test results with the ITS drive? Seems this would not be apples to apples...
Thanks
Old 09-24-2020, 01:21 PM
Registered

Jr?