Notices

27 starfire

Old 08-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 27 starfire

And here is a Sport with what I believe to be a factory installed big hatch........probably an option.
Attached Thumbnails 27 starfire-rentalagreement0004.jpg  
Old 08-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

I've got more but I hope this helps.......

BTW: I hope people don't mind me posting their photos......I'm collecting images for a web site someday.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 265 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 24degrees
And here is a Sport with what I believe to be a factory installed big hatch........probably an option.
That is the factory hatch, it had the Tempest engine package when new. You are correct sir!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Registered

That boat is Hairy Canary right?.........what color was it originally?.......it looks beige in that original photo.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 24degrees
That boat is Hairy Canary right?.........what color was it originally?.......it looks beige in that original photo.
Yes that is the Hairy Canary. The original color is bright yellow, the picture does not reflect that. Lucky Strike had that photo, he knew the boat when it was new (knew the original owner). Here is a clear picture of the engine box, my father repainted the transom, that is why the boot stripe is missing on the transom in these pictures, and not the earlier picture.
Attached Thumbnails 27 starfire-100_0052-small-.jpg   27 starfire-100_0054-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Smarty; 08-29-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Aaron,

You are getting a nice collection of Magnum photos,
Have you been enjoying your Sport this Summer?

Smarty, was your Dad's boat the old "Rated X" that Bub Crisp had in the mid 70s?

Its interesting to see the drive heights on each boat.
Thank you

Jim
Old 08-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Aaron,

You are getting a nice collection of Magnum photos,
Have you been enjoying your Sport this Summer?

Smarty, was your Dad's boat the old "Rated X" that Bub Crisp had in the mid 70s?

Its interesting to see the drive heights on each boat.
Thank you

Jim
No, Rated-X was older than "the Hairy Canary", two different boats. My father raised the drives on his Magnum, to the rub-rail, now that you bring up drive heights. Interesting observation, my father wanted to raise the drives even further, there was one more inch to be had (even with the top of the rub-rail).
Old 08-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Registered

Thanks Jim......yeah I've got quite few more pics but most you have probably seen.

I have been getting out in the boat this year.....not as much as I'd like but enough to be out of gas money....
Old 08-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Smarty,

Thank you,, Wasn't sure about Rated X,, guess there were the two bright yellow Sports at the Shore/Bay.
If ,I remember correctly ,, have seen a couple of drive heights up into the rub rail. was alot of work to raise them.
I had mine bumped up 2 inches By Roger Munn when he had the new shop in Bricktown in the 70s.

Aaron,,, Great, glad that you are getting to enjoy your Sport this season.
I'm on hold for this season , as been doing some real estate shopping in Puerto Rico. Once that is done, will most likely get a Sport and ship it there to use.

Thank you
Jim
Old 08-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Smarty,

Thank you,, Wasn't sure about Rated X,, guess there were the two bright yellow Sports at the Shore/Bay.
If ,I remember correctly ,, have seen a couple of drive heights up into the rub rail. was alot of work to raise them.
I had mine bumped up 2 inches By Roger Munn when he had the new shop in Bricktown in the 70s.

Aaron,,, Great, glad that you are getting to enjoy your Sport this season.
I'm on hold for this season , as been doing some real estate shopping in Puerto Rico. Once that is done, will most likely get a Sport and ship it there to use.

Thank you
Jim
I had asked my father about Rated -X, he said that boat had SternPower Speedmaster outdrives (replacements for the Volvos). That was one strong running boat.

I remember a Barnegat Bay race where Rated-X, and Jolly Roger were running, they were some bad boats in their day.

The Hairy Canary always had TRS drives. I really like my father's new boat, but the Hairy Canary gave me many great memories.

Quick Reply: 27 starfire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.