timing chain question

Notices

timing chain question

Old 09-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts
Default timing chain question

Vixen Is Always Filled With Knowledge////////////////////////tell Me What To Buy For My Next Timing Apparatis,gear Drive, Belt Drive Chain And Who Due I Go To............
Old 09-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: timing chain question

No Cig,not so smart all the time,made my share of mistakes too.I only had one problem with a good double roller an that turned out to be a defective chain that was missed at crain,but it cost me a lot of work even thou crain stood good for a new chain and cam that got ruind also.Never had anything to do with gear drive but looks like good idea.My friend Jeff up thier in Mich always run the belts and could set his cam timming real easy,and they held up real well.For my part a good double roller is all you need,they been around a longe time and thats all i use.I guess if we were going to race again in somthing like the old A or B class ware you had to get that last little bit out of a set cubic inch eng.i would spend the extra money.Another thing is look at what Mercury uses,follow their specks and and you wont go wrong. Mel
Old 09-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mag27...are you going over to see the Nationals in Deerfield ...also would like to meet up with up we have a house in Burnt Store Marina,and will be down this winter. Bud

Last edited by mr vinyl; 09-25-2006 at 06:07 PM. Reason: error
Old 09-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Bud,kind of lost interest in racing after the big shake up at the end of 2003.We had 3 years of it with Vixen and enjoyed most it,did 1 race in deerfield with sbi in 2002 and was a fun place i think you will enjoy it.Look forward to meeting you this winter,bring one of them Mags down,the water is always good that time of year and would be fun to run with another Magnum. Mel
Old 09-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No Cig,a couple things i forgot you might be interested in.If your eng blk dont have a plate to hold the cam in place like on a merlyn blk and you have to use a cam button to adjust end play,get a Cloyes 2 piece cover,for about $120.it makes setting end play and cam changing so easy a cave man could do it.If your using a Chevy gen 6 blk with the plate it still makes changing cams easy when you dont have to pull balancer and front cover,love the one i put on. Mel
Old 09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Mag 27... don't know if we will haul the Magnum down there only if we decide to show our new Vinyl product at the Miami Boat show If not we can still meet for a beer ,we have a 23 proline we call the Island hopper and can meet at your favorite watering hole. Bud
Attached Thumbnails timing chain question-wrapz1.jpg   timing chain question-wrapz5.jpg  

Last edited by mr vinyl; 09-26-2006 at 01:58 PM. Reason: error
Old 09-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bud,let me know when you will be down,theres a little rest. bar on the south end of pine island with docks,just a old time hole in the wall but serve great sea food and burgers. Mel
Old 09-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Mel know the spot we normally jump in on the north end of Pine Island at the Pink Flamingo,but we can meet you there .Old Race boat for sale in Chicago spoke with the daughter of the original owner at the Chicago Boat show she indicated they have owned this boat since the get go,did't think her dad was ever going to part with it but he is ...Go to www.boats.com 28 ft Magnum out of St Charles have you ever raced against it.
Regarding Deerfield just going to visit my friend Vern Gilbert who ran with Tom Gentry from the West Coast.he is running a 41 ft Platinum Raptor in Manufacturer Production 1 and he is doing very well.Bud
Old 09-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bud,if your staying for the races,would recomend the howard johnson 8th floor ocean front,can see the whole course if its set up same as 2oo2 and the price wasnt to bad back then. Mel
Old 09-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks Mel we will check it out,need to visit family in Del Ray and then maybe we will check in there. Any thoughts on the old race boat out of Chicago. Bud

Quick Reply: timing chain question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.