28 Arrow Magnum >

28 Arrow Magnum

Notices

28 Arrow Magnum

Old 09-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tomas_wallin
How did the trailering go yesterday? How did you get around the fuel leak? Siphon?
The trailering went out fine thanks to Dr Phil and your GM-tractor! Its still leaking and I was down to Flinks and bought some cork and Loctite 5923 to see if we can have this sh*t fixed tonight. The cork sheets are little to small area. Do you think its ok to put them together some how?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mange
The trailering went out fine thanks to Dr Phil and your GM-tractor! Its still leaking and I was down to Flinks and bought some cork and Loctite 5923 to see if we can have this sh*t fixed tonight. The cork sheets are little to small area. Do you think its ok to put them together some how?
Great

Not sure, but if you have to have joints then make them as long as possible. Like instead of a 90deg cut make a 45deg instead and use some sort of sealant to be safe.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by enrothskipper
i know a guy that has an apache 47...but itīs no family edition i can tell you itīs for sale, maybe you know wich one it is...the old lucky strike 47. want me to check it for you?
The former Candy Bar something, PTM Express, Lucky Strike, American offshore pace boat yes...itīs quite a tired hull but who cares one helluva project.
Is it located nowadays where last I heard it went back to US or did it?
Yes I know itīs a former raceboat but big enough for a Family ;-)
Mail me at [email protected]

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 09-03-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mange
cork aint gonna work in the long run and donīt put them on top of each other either ,ainīt gonna work... Iīd use rubber and glue it in place first, thats How I did on the tanks on Viking Lines Cinderella :-)... talk about a ****ty job there...

Edit: Iīm a little confused where your leak was so pics would help also..Loctite 5923 is good, use that myself.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 09-03-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Registered

AMEN! if i get lucky...maybe there will be an interesting post in the not so far future about an arrow "workboat"...how about that?
Looking forward to it !
Old 09-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Registered

well actually, i do not know what happened...donīt know if the posts still exists, (canīt get in) but itīs in klas e:s post called "vem vill åka på söndag" or something...check it out if you think that i did anything wrong, or bigbrother for that matter....but itīs very true with that forum; if you donīt suck...
Well as you maybe do know I was banned there (forever) prolly first of anyone and didnīt bother to look back.
Altough a Pantera(?) owner told me to come back I keep my stand and also J.R. himself sent mails after explaining and offering peace if we meet live but UGH, I have spoken and my Tomahawk is sharp. (Iīm getting serious Apache symptoms....)
Old 09-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN

Edit: Iīm a little confused where your leak was so pics would help also..Loctite 5923 is good, use that myself.
Thats this stainless steel armatuer. (The tank are plastic "Tank-plast",the new good material)
Old 09-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Registered

you mean the filler neck ?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
you mean the filler neck ?
I tryed to bring a picture but it some s**t happend...

Now it worked ....
Attached Thumbnails 28 Arrow Magnum-first-11.jpg  
Old 09-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Registered

Ok Iīm familiar with that !!!
And your problem too.... I have fastened and made rubber gaskets for plates like that by the Hundreds !

You still have the rubber left hopefully, the key is to not tighten it hard at all, instead glue it in place let is sit for a while then fasten it.
You could also use Loctites gasket maker (the graphite smudge) you (?) use on intake and head gaskets or some other non-hardening stuff but NOT silicone as it makes everything slippery.

If that doesnīt help then you must make a plate that you put inside the tank and the tank itself comes between these two steel plates, if you have the reinforcing plate there already then Iīm guessing you ainīt got a rubber against the plastic too...

Edit: and more fastening bolts Iīd suggest...

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 09-03-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Quick Reply: 28 Arrow Magnum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.