Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale >

1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale

Notices

1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale

Old 02-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I'm the guy you insulted, my boat is one digit off the other guys vin # thats mine the bottom white unfinished boat. The glasswork is excellent throughout and the one piece cockpit liner is modern by nature to the old magnums. I'm still finishing off mine as I am not using any wood in the stringers or transom. I occasionally look in once and a while but I have other matters more important-like family---Jim
Old 02-25-2015, 12:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Jim it's nice to be remembered. I to remember you posting this back in 2011.
[ Of what I have seen of a lot of Magnums out of the seventies,I will take mine. If you looked at the layup and the one piece cockpit liner you would agree with me. After having restored cars for 30 years I prefer new to old]
It's now 2015 & you are still not done, & not out boating with IT??? By the way my REAL FLORIDA BUILT 1973 MAGNUM still has it's original stringers & transom [must of had some GREAT quality]. While you have been trying to re engineer your stringers for over 3 years of that Superior hull , Many of us Magnum owners have been out boating & enjoying these obsolete classics. For those that have forgot about Jim's GEM this is what Superiority looks like. Mark
Attached Thumbnails 1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale-canada-hull-1.jpg   1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale-canada-hull.jpg  
Old 02-25-2015, 01:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
[ Of what I have seen of a lot of Magnums out of the seventies,I will take mine. If you looked at the layup and the one piece cockpit liner you would agree with me. After having restored cars for 30 years I prefer new to old]
It's now 2015 & you are still not done, & not out boating with IT??? By the way my REAL FLORIDA BUILT 1973 MAGNUM still has it's original stringers & transom [must of had some GREAT quality]. While you have been trying to re engineer your stringers for over 3 years of that Superior hull , Many of us Magnum owners have been out boating & enjoying these obsolete classics. For those that have forgot about Jim's GEM this is what Superiority looks like. Mark
What is that? An unfinished hull or a rebuilt Magnum copy?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:49 AM
Registered

Well, I saw this thread pop up in the what's new...I can shine some light on this.

There were indeed some Magnums produced up here in Canada. Back around 1995 0r 96 when I was the manager at Paragon Marine and Sports ( 3.5 acre dryland in Burlington Ontario Canada) A guy called asking if I would be interested in buying some offshore hulls and molds. He had somebody move into his building/renting who was popping out boats. He knew quite a lot and mentioned that they were Magnum molds and that he had three boats if I remember right..Along with some molds out back. Every question I asked he had a good answer for so I jumped in the truck for a look.He was out around St Catherines area on the East side of the QEW. I remember a grey building with a set of tracks that I crossed once I turned off the service road to head east. I think one hull was in a mold...the other I saw was a center console layout. No rigging but had , liner, floor, rub rails installed, gas tanks etc. It seemed reasonable at a glance but I didn't go crazy on it. The other boat I thought he said he took for himself to use and sell. The 27' center console was straight white and not junk ( at least on the outside) from a quick visual. I passed at the time. Not sure where the stuff ever went. We had just settled into the new shop and had plenty to do. Plus we were already selling Sunsation at the time. I'm thinking he was in his fifties back then so possibly no longer around....? They had a couple brochures around too as I remember. Think he showed me a picture of the completed boat he took while I was there. That's all that comes to mind right now...it's late and it was a long time ago.....Think/ pretty sure he had a mold for the 35 express.The rounded off front deck model. Had a convex curve to it....rounded nose on top deck...few square side windows..they came with 427's and jack shafts. The 27's were star fire molds and he had closed deck and center console deck configuration.

Here is a pic of the express style I mentioned.

http://www.vehiclegeni.com/detail/of...690697756.html

Last edited by Movie muscle; 02-25-2015 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:07 AM
Registered

I just saw the pics a few post's back. That grey building could be the one I was at. Pretty much what I remember it looking like...Boat pictures looked familiar for some reason. I remember him showing me some photo's and brochures while I was there. He just wanted to get the back rent owing and some dollars to clean up the mess they made of his place. They had glass and gel on the walls. That I remember lol.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

WELL THE PROFESSOR HAS SPOKEN AND MUCH LIKE THE GREAT OZZ HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH now all stand down !! you slap his lips mark !
Old 03-18-2015, 10:46 PM
Registered

I'm still boating, U17 and such, just finished building a new house so the boat is next, And no, ------other people did not build my house- my oldest son and I build everything down to the tile floors. The boat is slowing coming along but it takes some modifications to build with NO WOOD. all glass and composite materials. Sorry I have thick skin, I stopped posting because I have a real life outside of material objects.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesslade
I'm still boating, U17 and such, just finished building a new house so the boat is next, And no, ------other people did not build my house- my oldest son and I build everything down to the tile floors. The boat is slowing coming along but it takes some modifications to build with NO WOOD. all glass and composite materials. Sorry I have thick skin, I stopped posting because I have a real life outside of material objects.
It's great that you have a REAL LIFE, next try having a real DONZI not a knock off U-17.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's great that you have a REAL LIFE, next try having a real DONZI not a knock off U-17.
All of us on this forum, we share a passion for boats .... If this is not real life...!! ....
Old 03-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real life with fake boats lol

Quick Reply: 1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.