Notices

poweder keg for sale

Old 01-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mario L.
Thank you H2O!

So with twin 450 HP 383 Chevies, new nose cones and contemporary props I should be just over 70 MPH . . . .

Thanks!
Now if you raise the Volvo drives 4" she will really rock.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Now if you raise the Volvo drives 4" she will really rock.

Trust me, I'd love to do that . . . but that would require a totally new transom and rear hatch . .and my wife would loose the sunpad . . and the boat looses it's visual beauty . . .

Still thinking of some innovative way . . . . . . . .I've got some crazy ass idea brewing for this!
Attached Thumbnails poweder keg for sale-dscf1057.jpg  
Old 01-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Trust me, I'd love to do that . . . but that would require a totally new transom and rear hatch . .and my wife would loose the sunpad . . and the boat looses it's visual beauty . . .

Still thinking of some innovative way . . . . . . . .I've got some crazy ass idea brewing for this!
Hello Mario L,

Roger Munn raised the Volvos on my Magnum Sport 2 inches and I retained the stock hatch and sun pad. We didn't rebuilt the whole transom, just reworked the transom openings.

Thank you
Jim
Old 01-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you convert it to a single, you can raise the X dimension of the Bravo and put in nice BBC, and the sky is the limit for how fast you want to go.

Don't ask me how I know this........

OH, and even a blower with a chiller will still fit under the flat hatch.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 27 in water

Jeff thought it was getting a few up grades...when will it be splased ? Bud
Old 01-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Jeff thought it was getting a few up grades...when will it be splased ? Bud
It is. Check out my thread in the Magnum section. I am working on getting the raw water plumbed right now, and then I can stab the engine and start getting things hooked up. I ma over 50% finished, but still al ong ways from being done. I am going to build a new dash for it also, jsut not sure how soon that is going to get done.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Hello Mario L,

Roger Munn raised the Volvos on my Magnum Sport 2 inches and I retained the stock hatch and sun pad. We didn't rebuilt the whole transom, just reworked the transom openings.

Thank you
Jim
Jim,

I'd like to know more . . .this sounds ideal . . but right now my flame arrestors are against the hatch . . which is a solid heavy piece, possibly it has sagged with the heavy sunpad in storage for 14 years? . . were they originally crowned?
My 350's have dual plane aluminum manifolds that I was planning on retaining.

Jeff,

Yes a BBC will let me go crazy fast . . somehow 1 502 with a blower and a Bravo adds up to a whole lot more $$ than 2 383 SBCs . . and a bit of labor . . .
now if I sold my Donzi Corsican . . . . . . don't get me started!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Jim,

I'd like to know more . . .this sounds ideal . . but right now my flame arrestors are against the hatch . . which is a solid heavy piece, possibly it has sagged with the heavy sunpad in storage for 14 years? . . were they originally crowned?
My 350's have dual plane aluminum manifolds that I was planning on retaining.

Jeff,

Yes a BBC will let me go crazy fast . . somehow 1 502 with a blower and a Bravo adds up to a whole lot more $$ than 2 383 SBCs . . and a bit of labor . . .
now if I sold my Donzi Corsican . . . . . . don't get me started!
You don't need a blower. I just had an 454 that I built out of stuff I had on the shelf. 2 bolt main. oval heads. long cam. 10:1 comp and a dry exhaust. She went mid 70's. Would have gon more if I would have ever gotten the right prop.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Crowned Hatch

Mario,looks like you have a flat crowned hatch. Magnum made many different styles,including half or full rasied hatch to accommodate larger engines,but your wife will loose her sunpad,on the half raised one Bud
Old 01-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Mario,looks like you have a flat crowned hatch. Magnum made many different styles,including half or full rasied hatch to accommodate larger engines,but your wife will loose her sunpad,on the half raised one Bud
Bud, thats why I like my old Stage Coach Sedan, has room to go up and still have a sun pad.. But that won't happen, 30mph cruise is all I need. Don't want to spill my drink. Heck I even like the hadicap rails on her.
Attached Thumbnails poweder keg for sale-mag-sedan-int-1.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.