27 Sport SideWinder Update >

27 Sport SideWinder Update

Notices

27 Sport SideWinder Update

Old 09-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 169 Likes on 90 Posts

Kalaazar............I've not seen a nicer 27' sport ever!!!.......Do you have a fold down back seat in order to service those engines?
or is everything done thru the bottom cutouts of the rear seat?....The cabin is spectacular!...with all the great acessories placed
in there is it larger (height wise) than a standard 27' Sport?............the detail trim in teak is gorgeous!!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flawless and perfection at its best
Old 09-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Scippy,

I am pleased that you approve, thank you.
I have had a great time putting it all together. Photography is a wonderful thing and a wide angle lens performs miracles !
No it`s a standard 27 Sport and you have to crawl over the tank space to get to the heads, hence the cushions to save my old knees.
The only reason that it is all in there is because the boat used to race in touring class and it was a requirement to have all of the facilities.
The aft seat is fixed because I needed all the space I could find to fit the outdrive and power steering tanks etc, hence why Jeff Hall and myself are on our knees looking and working through the aft seat cut outs to adjust the water pump belts, something which my son Ratman 72 found most amusing.
My chippy and I laminated the Teak with Holly inlay to carry the nautical theme throughout.
Kalaazar
Old 09-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Murfman,

Now this is the point at which I will ruin the whole illusion. The dropdown sink is a basic vacuum moulded unit made for camping and caravan conversions sold on ebay which we then sprayed white. But it works and had to be there to meet the then race rules

However I am pleased that you like the boat, it will never be fast enough to win races today so we might just as well go for the concourse prize and sit in the dock whilst the rest of the fleet go around banging their brains out !!!!
Kalaazar
Old 09-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalaazar
Murfman,

However I am pleased that you like the boat, it will never be fast enough to win races today so we might just as well go for the concourse prize and sit in the dock whilst the rest of the fleet go around banging their brains out !!!!
Kalaazar
Ian,
This doesn't jive with Jeff's comment . . "Ian is Mad Man" Somehow I think most will be chasing you . . .
Old 09-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

OK Mario, you got me. That dose not mean that I am going to give in gracefully, but now you know my backup plan. And as for Jeff`s comment that's the nicest thing that has ever said about me, he fits right in with the rest of my families thinking.

Kalaazar
Old 09-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

For those that may not know this but Ian [Kalaazar] laid hands on this historic Mag years ago & brought it back from Neptune's grave. Ian made this creation taking a flat deck & turning it into a sedan to run in the cruiser offshore class, how this for a sedans cabin???
Attached Thumbnails 27 Sport SideWinder Update-mag-torn1.jpg   27 Sport SideWinder Update-mag-torn4.jpg   27 Sport SideWinder Update-magnum-tornado-_1968_-2.jpg  

Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

And that Mark is the real story. My work on "SideWinder" is my way of saying sorry to Don Aronow for screwing up a perfectly good world champion flat deck when on reflection it was a great boat
just as it was.
However I was young at the time and didn't`t know any better.!!!!! Worst still my son RATMAN 72 has not forgiven me and he was not even born then. Least he get to drive "Dry Martini" now which is the same age he is !.
Ian
Old 09-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalaazar
And that Mark is the real story. My work on "SideWinder" is my way of saying sorry to Don Aronow for screwing up a perfectly good world champion flat deck when on reflection it was a great boat
just as it was.
However I was young at the time and didn't`t know any better.!!!!! Worst still my son RATMAN 72 has not forgiven me and he was not even born then. Least he get to drive "Dry Martini" now which is the same age he is !.
Ian
Ian if that's a screw up you did than it was well worth it !!! If it wasn't for you, that Mag it might still be on the bottom.....
Old 09-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

That's true. thanks Mark.

Are you going to OFF this year with Jeff ? Mary and I will be coming over for the event. Looking forward to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.