Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Circuit

Short circuit for sale on E Bay. Still Looks Good
Old 10-03-2013, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 283 Likes on 118 Posts

Anyone know how the shape of the hull? Looks fun.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake22.250
Anyone know how the shape of the hull? Looks fun.
Greg it was in great shape when it was in Michigan . Dave Goodman @ Tiger fiberglass did the Merc Bravo conversion and an updated glass work. I believe the newest owner said here on OSO some time ago that he would need to super charge it to make it run like it use to @ sea level. Again I believe this Mag is on Lake Tahoe thats 6,224' above sea level, tuff on a carburetor engine, that may be the reason for the sale. I would say this Mag has the most race history of any Mag. Here are some race pic's of her back in 1976 from a Lake St Clair & a Ohio race.
Attached Thumbnails Short Circuit-mag-s-c-h2o.jpg   Short Circuit-lsc-race-1976-1.jpg   Short Circuit-lsc-race-1976.jpg  

Old 10-04-2013, 05:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mark
How long has it been in Reno? I like the looks of the first picture with the Volvo drives better than current. I will call you next week to get the trailer over to you.
Greg
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The boat has been in Reno since I acquired it in 2011, she is a lot of fun, turns a lot of heads and no one ever believes she is approaching 40 years old. She performs reasonably well at the altitude running around 68 mph once we got the right props on, but would definitely benefit from supercharging to compensate for the altitude. I just never got around to it and reason for sale is my company wants me to relocate to Calgary. I'll be sad to see her go, but can't warrant just keeping her in storage for that occasional use. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any interest; julian_kift(at)hotmail(dot)com

Last edited by Joules; 10-04-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

She's back on ebay, 30k now.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

----Short Circuit should be brought back home to the Lake St. Clair area. I really wish I could bring her back but, for me, it just isnt in the cards. For those of us that love the "Old School Reunion" there would absolutely be nothing better than seeing Short Circuit rumbling down the canal for the get together. Talk about a rush!!!.......Bill S
Old 02-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Greg it was in great shape when it was in Michigan . Dave Goodman @ Tiger fiberglass did the Merc Bravo conversion and an updated glass work. I believe the newest owner said here on OSO some time ago that he would need to super charge it to make it run like it use to @ sea level. Again I believe this Mag is on Lake Tahoe thats 6,224' above sea level, tuff on a carburetor engine, that may be the reason for the sale. I would say this Mag has the most race history of any Mag. Here are some race pic's of her back in 1976 from a Lake St Clair & a Ohio race.
Great shots!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by olredalert
----Short Circuit should be brought back home to the Lake St. Clair area. I really wish I could bring her back but, for me, it just isnt in the cards. For those of us that love the "Old School Reunion" there would absolutely be nothing better than seeing Short Circuit rumbling down the canal for the get together. Talk about a rush!!!.......Bill S
Had two calls from Michigan with interest now and a message from Chuck Broedler who's friends were trying to convince him to buy her back! Wouldn't that have been cool. The relocation to Calgary is getting closer and as sad as I'll be to see her go the first $27,500 takes her and even though I'm losing money the fun factor has made it a blast to own her.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519588[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519589[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by Joules
Had two calls from Michigan with interest now and a message from Chuck Broedler who's friends were trying to convince him to buy her back! Wouldn't that have been cool. The relocation to Calgary is getting closer and as sad as I'll be to see her go the first $27,500 takes her and even though I'm losing money the fun factor has made it a blast to own her.
Had someone contact me and I now realized I fat fingered the reduced price. I cannot see how to edit older posts here on OSO, but my rock bottom price is $29,500 apologies for any confusion I caused, this boat is well worth the price of admission!
Attached Thumbnails Short Circuit-boats-005a.jpg   Short Circuit-boats-011.jpg  

Last edited by Joules; 03-01-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.