Your thoughts on seating! >

Your thoughts on seating!

Notices

Your thoughts on seating!

Old 03-18-2014, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

I'll get some pics up when it installed, right now,the boat is at my fiberglass guy. Here's some pic of the glass worl.
Attached Thumbnails Your thoughts on seating!-image.jpg   Your thoughts on seating!-image.jpg  
Old 03-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Pete,

I think you are making the right decision with the bolsters. With the drop down seating its almost the best of both worlds
I agree about the Purple,, Purple seems to fit the lines of the Sport really well. plus with candy stripes it really was cool looking.

sounds good

Thank you
jim
Old 03-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Pete the shock absorbing pedestals do help but are no way even close to the support you get with a bolster. A year before I started my restoration I road in this yellow Mag of Kemosabe Johns, I found the only way to ride in that Mag for me was sitting in the back seat . I knew after that ride bolsters are what I needed. I also padded my floors foot well with shock absorbing padding, much better on the knee's too. If this craiglist ad is right these bolsters for $1300.00 is hard to beat.
http://www.reachoo.com/ads/198579168
Boy that boat looks good, I am getting Magnum-Sick (home sick for my father's old Magnum).
Old 03-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Registered

I liked the drop-out bolster, but my father had the floor cut so when you stood-up you were not so far up in the wind., so lowering the floor as you did would be beneficial.

I am in a sit down boat now, I liked the bolster so when I was sitting I had an arm rest. I inserted the seating for the Phantom as an illustration of the lack of arm rest, more so the arm rest is angle down at not parallel to the floor, it is not at the angle of my liking, I like the seats to have the arm rest(s) at the same angle as a regular chair, like the wooden chair pictured below. This may seem trivial to some, but as a passenger, if you have a wife and want her to be happy make her seat as comfortable as possible, or in my case, it was a father and son deal, when he wasn't driving he was the passenger.

The bolster in the Magnum was very supportive, it has/had thick padding,the bolsters just made were comfortable, supportive, standing with the floor-cut, and very comfortable to drive when seated or as a passenger. You can see the floor-cut out beneath the passenger seat in the first picture.

I had a 18' Donzi with the pedestal seating, and my father once had a 20' Cigarette with the pedestal seating, the bolster is just so so much more. I would go bolster, my $0.02 opinion for the day.

I love 27' Magnum Sports, .....my favorite boat.

Stephen
Attached Thumbnails Your thoughts on seating!-100_0064-small-2-.jpg   Your thoughts on seating!-100_0060-small-.jpg   Your thoughts on seating!-cockpit.jpg  

Your thoughts on seating!-cabin.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Smarty; 03-19-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 174 Likes on 93 Posts

Stephen,
I agree, Bolsters it is!................I didn't realize your father also had the foot cutouts in HC.........I think the 4" or 5" drop makes a big difference when you factor in the low freeboard.
and with the combined higher back bolster you feel more in the boat especially at the higher speeds your father ran........Do you know if Hairy Canary was at all effected by Sandy?
That area had to be pretty vunerable.........hopefully she's OK!, ..............any thoughts bringing her home?
Old 03-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scippy
Stephen,
I agree, Bolsters it is!................I didn't realize your father also had the foot cutouts in HC.........I think the 4" or 5" drop makes a big difference when you factor in the low freeboard.
and with the combined higher back bolster you feel more in the boat especially at the higher speeds your father ran........Do you know if Hairy Canary was at all effected by Sandy?
That area had to be pretty vunerable.........hopefully she's OK!, ..............any thoughts bringing her home?
1. I hope Hurricane Sandy did not harm the Magnum, but I don't know the answer to that question.
2. With regards to question on bringing home the Hairy Canary, that is not a possibility for me anytime soon. And I am not sure if he would want to sell it anyway. Another boat up there near Pt. Pleasant/Brick Twp is the 35' Cigarette "Wild Turkey" that is another old school boat I would like to own. I am not prepared to buy anything substantial (either purchase would be substantial for me) at this time. I doubt either owner would want to part with their yellow performance boats, but that is only I guess on my part.

Unless God wants me to win the lottery, things will remain status quo.

Stephen
Attached Images  
Old 03-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520627[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520628[/ATTACH]

Here you go Ironhead.
Attached Thumbnails Your thoughts on seating!-mag-anaconda-2011.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good friend who is rebuilding a Pantera 24 , (see the Pantera forum) had a conversation with the shop that builds these bolster seats. He has lots of options, including SS bases, composite seat framing vs plywood, and can also do a tuck and roll upholstery in candy stripe pattern.
Obviously changes from the advertised design increase the cost, but you can have something that is more period correct.

On the list for me, but first it's a new boat trailer . . .

Mario L.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up a pair of these for my 27 Sport, http://greatlakesskipper.com/baja-19...tainless-steel They are nice quality, inexpensive, and relatively low so they fit in the boat nicely.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 174 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod62
I just picked up a pair of these for my 27 Sport, http://greatlakesskipper.com/baja-19...tainless-steel They are nice quality, inexpensive, and relatively low so they fit in the boat nicely.
Those are nice if you already have the seats..............I have no seats nor bases..........so, I imagine another $1200 for a pair of upholstered seats?........definately nice bases though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.