Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
1976 Magnum 27' Sport .............4 sale >

1976 Magnum 27' Sport .............4 sale

Notices

1976 Magnum 27' Sport .............4 sale

Old 12-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

----Pete,,, Come out and take all the exact measurements off Short Circuit as it was set up by a master craftsman. The overall handling bears that out. While set up primarily for racing, it just handles so well. Insanely easy to drive. Twin Bravos with what ever comes your way for power. Mark and I can actually do the measuring if you want.......Bill S
Old 12-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by olredalert
----Pete,,, Mark and I can actually do the measuring if you want.......Bill S
At some point yes that would be great!.....but take your time since there's a long winter ahead.

on another note, someone that did show interest in my Mag told me there was a few 27' sport
(very light race) layups that were produced..........any truth to that?
Old 12-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pete,

I forget, do you have stringers in the eng compartment? I would definitely have the extra bracing that has been discussed many times. I think small blocks are best for sports, maybe a pair of good 383's and bravo's. Let me know if I can help.

- M
Old 12-03-2016, 05:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 282 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by scippy
OK ,,..it's unanimous!..........Start spending my money..lol, "what would be some of your thoughts on power and drives for this blank canvas??"
Have a set of small block 406 whipple engines and my ITS bravo set up from my Gun planned for my sport. Should be a fun set up.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Drake22.250
Have a set of small block 406 whipple engines and my ITS bravo set up from my Gun planned for my sport. Should be a fun set up.
Drake what height would the whipples extend past the stock engine hatch?
Old 12-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MDonziM
Pete,

I forget, do you have stringers in the eng compartment? I would definitely have the extra bracing that has been discussed many times. I think small blocks are best for sports, maybe a pair of good 383's and bravo's. Let me know if I can help.

- M
All new keel, port, and stb. stringers....plus secondary lower stringers port and stb. side of main (keel) stringer ......I should have a pic to post.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:25 AM
Registered

That does sound good, I've wondered for a while about how the hull would like ext boxes or an ITS setup. With the higher X Dim my nosecones are pretty close to the transom... Keep us posted on the install!
Old 12-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scippy
All new keel, port, and stb. stringers....plus secondary lower stringers port and stb. side of main (keel) stringer ......I should have a pic to post.
I thought so, just couldn't remember.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 282 Likes on 117 Posts

Glass Dave is going to build me a hatch. My sport came with dual hatch doors and they are very beat up. Boats ready to be flipped and Daves going to restore the bottom for me. When time comes for cutting drive holes we planned on hope to pick Mark up and check out Bills Short Circut to get a better idea.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Glass Dave is going to build me a hatch. My sport came with dual hatch doors and they are very beat up. Boats ready to be flipped and Daves going to restore the bottom for me. When time comes for cutting drive holes we planned on hope to pick Mark up and check out Bills Short Circut to get a better idea.
Is Dave blue-printing the bottom or just gelcoat & repair?...........Yes, Short-Circuit would be the best example to model your sport after!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.