Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
Lil Smidgen comes home >

Lil Smidgen comes home

Notices

Lil Smidgen comes home

Old 03-30-2021, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

----Mark and I are serious about moving Smidgen to a new home and will price the boat right! It's in Mark's driveway and you can deal with him.....Bill S
Old 03-30-2021, 10:45 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Sooooooooo, tempting
Old 03-30-2021, 05:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by scippy
Mark in '17 you looked to move Lil Smidgen if a serious buyer with good intentions and $$$ came along to restore her .....are you still looking to move her - or- dive in yourself?
Pete I have put the complete powertrain together for it but because Bill & I have so many boat & car projects going right now we haven't made any real plans yet on Lil Smidgen. It took so long to find it I'm just not ready to let it go. Bill is finishing up a restoration on two beautiful Donzi's & I'm finally finishing up my Sedan Magnum + restoring my restomod 63 Corvette Coup. As you can see our plates are full right now but come this fall I have been given the green light to bring the SMIDGEN into Iron Heads shop once I finish & move out my other projects. Not many can say that they have had two of the coolest race Magnums pictured here. , I let the race DAMN YANKEE, Showdown, & Believe It Magnum go,,& I still regret doing that today.

The following 2 users liked this post by h2oboater:
scippy (03-31-2021), Smarty (04-17-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lol Smidgen

My father Ronald Stephens owned the boat Lil Smidgen. Randy Victory owned it before him. My father put twin 502’s built out the ass in it. The boat would run 97MPH at around 6500RPM. I remember driving it home when dad had too much to drink at idle hour yacht club. Good times. The original motors and TRS1 drives were stolen. The boat itself was stolen by John Boca of Marine City. My guess is that he sold it before he died. Wish I could drive it one more time. Hell of a boat!!!
Old 09-13-2021, 07:03 PM
Registered

Default Lil Smidgen

I would love to come look at it and make an offer. Or send me some pics so I can see if it’s the actual boat. My dad would **** his pants if I pulled it home and backed it into the drive.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Scott Stephens
My father Ronald Stephens owned the boat Lil Smidgen. Randy Victory owned it before him. My father put twin 502’s built out the ass in it. The boat would run 97MPH at around 6500RPM. I remember driving it home when dad had too much to drink at idle hour yacht club. Good times. The original motors and TRS1 drives were stolen. The boat itself was stolen by John Boca of Marine City. My guess is that he sold it before he died. Wish I could drive it one more time. Hell of a boat!!!
Are you sure you are talking about the same boat? I dont believe It ever had big blocks in it. It was always a race boat.& it left Michigan by the mid 80's to race out on the east coast
Old 09-13-2021, 07:27 PM
Registered

Default Lil Smidgen

Randy Victory bought it in the late 80’s to early 90’s. My dad bought it from Randy who is a family friend in 94’. My dad added the glass reinforcement to the bow and made it a 32’. My dad owned R&D auto service on Mack avenue in St. Clair Shores. He’s had Built the big blocks himself. The dry/wet headers were so close that you could fit your hand between left bank and right bank. He also added the arch to weight the boat down. Yes!! It’s the same boat. Randy was best friends with Wally Harper.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:33 PM
Registered

Default Lil Smidgen

The boat should have 7 chimes. Wally Harper had two chimes added. Also it was a 32’ and Wally made it a 34’. May be a different boat. But my dads boat was the Lil Smidgen. It was a Sport Spectrum though. Not a Magnum.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Scott Stephens
The boat should have 7 chimes. Wally Harper had two chimes added. Also it was a 32’ and Wally made it a 34’. May be a different boat. But my dads boat was the Lil Smidgen. It was a Sport Spectrum though. Not a Magnum.

I thought it may be Wally's Spectra.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

That ad is cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.