Post Magnum Pictures

Notices

Post Magnum Pictures

Old 05-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: Post Magnum Pictures

Scott
Don knew every trick to make "Boss Lady" run like a animal 80 + mph.
That is Arnolds cat, he is my son Bobbys (L.S. Jr's) godfather.
We will be there this summer.
Thanks for the good wishes on our new Gun .

L.S. Steve
Old 05-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 265 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Scott
Don knew every trick to make "Boss Lady" run like a animal 80 + mph.
That is Arnolds cat, he is my son Bobbys (L.S. Jr's) godfather.
We will be there this summer.
Thanks for the good wishes on our new Gun .

L.S. Steve
LS - Who had (or still has) the fastest Magnum on Barnegat bay? Was it Roger Munn's Jolly Roger? You seen to know a whole lot of history about that area of boating. Just curious. What other fast Magnum pleasure boats (not necessarily race boats) come to mind. Lil Smidgem was always one of favorite Magnum race boats (no offense to your Miss Gallo Wines boat)
Old 05-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this Magnum a month or so back at Cresent Lake in Florida. It was for sale.
Attached Thumbnails Post Magnum Pictures-4-21-033-small-.jpg   Post Magnum Pictures-4-21-034-small-.jpg   Post Magnum Pictures-4-21-035-small-.jpg  

Old 05-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Registered

OldSchool

Jolly Roger was the fastest Magnun on the bay back in the day !
I raced in the bay race more than just a few times in the beginning.
Rogers boat was way a head of its time BIG BLOCKS in a small boat.
Wally Harpers Lil Smiggen raced APBA Sport class an cleaned up always.
I have a ton of pictures form back then I'll try an get some up soon.
I sold my Magnum Sport to Rogers brotherinlaw Gary Roben in 1976,
he changed the drives to those MDS drives like Roger had an it also was
very fast for its day. They had a speed shop in Garwood NJ it was easy
for them- they also new all the tricks! I've got some great shots of those
boats from back then. The 27 Sport was the boat to have then !!!!!!

L.S.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
I saw this Magnum a month or so back at Cresent Lake in Florida. It was for sale.
J,

That's not a Magnum Marine boat.....

Fueled by Budweiser tho, can't be all bad
Old 05-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone remember a 27' white Magnum back in 1970-73 called "Eh!" ? It was one of the first Offshore perfomance boats on Barnegat Bay and was docked in the Green Island section. I don't know anything about this boat, just curious, but as a kid I loved to watch it run!

I'd have to say "Rated X" was right up there with "Jolly Roger", those two Magnums put on great races several years in a row on Barnegat Bay. I often wondered why these two boats never raced in the ocean (Point Pleasant Races)?

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 05-28-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan
Does anyone remember a 27' white Magnum back in 1970-73 called "Eh!" ? It was one of the first Offshore perfomance boats on Barnegat Bay and was docked in the Green Island section. I don't know anything about this boat, just curious, but as a kid I loved to watch it run!

I'd have to say "Rated X" was right up there with "Jolly Roger", those two Magnums put on great races several years in a row on Barnegat Bay. I often wondered why these two boats never raced in the ocean (Point Pleasant Races)?
EH! was owned by Walter Salkowitz, he lived in Green Island
during the summer. He bought that boat in Fl. and he drove it to NJ. in the water. Can you imagine that !!! He did. He was never a racer---- just was one of the (Bay bopper's) As we called them . The guys who ran in the ocean alot were called wave bangers, it wasn't how fast you could go it was how high you could jump your boat. RATED X was fast but had nothing for Roger.Roger throttled for Billy Martin in Bounty Hunter & others he was one of the best for many years.
There was a guy who raced cars who had a lighBlue Sport & put some NASCAR small blocks in his boat. I think his name was Steve Crisalof. That boat was Quick. I lived in Silver Bay
on Cheryl Dr. Those were the good old days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky Strike AKA BERKS LAW.( 28 Cigarette )

Last edited by lucky strike; 05-29-2005 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Registered

Yeah, I was born in 1965, grew up in Pitman, and used to travel to the Point Pleasant races, and the Barnegat Bay races. I was in the bay the one year Roger Munn won, that was the firts year that a 24' or so sanger Alley Cat ran, and that was some time ago. I thouvght Rated X was a 36' Cigarette? My memory is not the best when it comes to this stuff, but what i do remember was the spectator fleet at the Barnegat bay races was always more impressive than the race fleet. I like hearing about the Magnums and Cigarettes from back in the day. Down by us (Atlantic City area) there used to be an all orange 28' SS Cigarette called "Orange Crate" that was a cool boat in its day. I was always a 27' Sport/Starfire fan and 28' Cigarette SS fan. What about the "Hairy Canary?" My father currently owns that boat, though for sale. What can you tell about it, from what you remember.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Registered

Pete Spikler bought that boat new, I have pictures of it the day it was delivered to Ocean Beach Marina. Our scanner is broken but I will get them up soon. I think it had the optional Tempest Package 2-4 barrel carb 390 HP.. Spike kept it til 1979 when he built a 35 mistress also yellow.He still has the Cigarette we saw him last summer in the bay comming home from the Captains Inn. We were using The Rolling Thunder & stopped to chat for a while. His Cigarette still looked like it did the day he got it. I built a 28 SS called WINGS that year. We raced it for the 1979 season APBA but never had too much luck with it. Blew 3 engines till we got the boat sorted it out. Thank god for the 1 year warranty.

Steve

Last edited by lucky strike; 05-30-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

You are right it did come with the Tempest package. Brad was the delivering salesman form Ocean Beach, we used to chat with him at the NYC boat shows. I remember meeting Pete at the radar shoot-out on the Bay about 10 years ago; and we met the owner after Pete that bought the boat from him and put the big-blocks in the boat (it had no engines when my fateher bought it). We were out today in the Chesapeake. While your reflecting, who had the fastest 28' Cigarette back then? And, how fast was Rated X compared Roger Munn's boat? I am just curious.

Quick Reply: Post Magnum Pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.