VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool you win

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Budweiser 36' Race Boat, powered by Sterling Performance
2001 APBA National & World Champion
APBA Kilo Record - 188.858 MPH
APBA Kilo One-way Speed 190.054 MPH

Also two way average set at Reggies record trials in NC.
you win...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 17mph faster for the big bad cat.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a far cry from 20 to 30mph...........ohhhh, much closre to 15mph than 20mph.

Last edited by blume; 06-28-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
you win...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 17mph faster for the big bad cat.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a far cry from 20 to 30mph...........ohhhh, much closre to 15mph than 20mph.
"On Aug. 1, 2003, Scott and Tomlinson drove the Bacardi Silver machine to the fastest official speed in Offshore Powerboat racing history when they clocked in at 202.907 mph on the Pamlico River of Washington, N.C., for an official SBI Kilo record."

Also at Reggie's trials, 31 mph, 2003.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think that reggie's sterlings were alot more than 1500 hp for his record kilo run!!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Cool finally?????????????/

Originally Posted by Ratickle
"On Aug. 1, 2003, Scott and Tomlinson drove the Bacardi Silver machine to the fastest official speed in Offshore Powerboat racing history when they clocked in at 202.907 mph on the Pamlico River of Washington, N.C., for an official SBI Kilo record."

Also at Reggie's trials, 31 mph, 2003.
you finally got the big cat 30mph faster than a Vee, 31.019mph to be correct...........................you WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

it sounds like alot of people think Cat Killer was the boat the set he Kilo record of 171. With the info that I have from someone close to fountain, cat killer has been over 190 when testing some high hp motors, but one of the engines let go.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Cool ???????????????????

Originally Posted by blume
you finally got the big cat 30mph faster than a Vee, 31.019mph to be correct...........................you WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.apba-racing.com/apps/events/Records.php
Old 06-28-2008, 07:51 PM

...and it's all a load of $hit.

Top fuel hydros run quite a bit faster than any of them and they're not offshore boats either. This top speed garbage is just that- garbage. Speed is only one facet of what an OFFSHORE boat needs to have. Fountain has been very successful in changing the conversation- talking about building offshore boats and proving their capabilities on glass-smooth water.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He who has the most advertising dollars wins...Period. Just like back in the '90s when Reggie, piloting his own 10meter got his azz handed to him by a po-dunk boat builder in Alabama in a 21 footer called a Stryker. Hot Boat Mag covered the test session and after his azz was handed to him, Reggie told the mag that if any of that got printed he would pull all of his advertising in the mag. Big surprise here, that article never ran...Stryker (who did not have an advertising campaign with the magazine) eventually went out of business & Fountain is still the chit (according to the propaganda).
Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Not really.

I don't like Reggie because of the constant big talk and the smoke & mirrors. He constantly plays the shell game on this Cat Killer thing. It's never straightforward.

He tells the world he builds the fastest, safest most well-built powerboats in the world. He builds the Chevrolet of offshore boats. Not bad, not the best by any stretch.

Sure he's done alot for the industry, but only through osmosis. He's done alot for himself. There are alot of builders that put together better boats that could be had for the same or less but have been crushed by Fountain. Fountain only survives because Brunswick desperately needs him to. He's a major conduit for their hardware. I'm glad I didn't invest all I had in the FPB stock at the IPO in '85. I believe it was $9. Had it followed the market (Dow closed out '85 at 1500), Reggies stock should be worth about $66 at yesterday's close. It closed at 95 cents. Ouch. So no, I don't respecty him as a businessman.

I'd respect the Hell out of Reggie if he just went out there, told it straight and did it- win or lose, fastest or second-fastest. But that's not him. He's a cross between P.T. Barnum & Napoleon Bonaparte.
Oh, ya i do kinda notice in interviews Reggie doesnt really impress me either.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by boatnutt
Oh, ya i do kinda notice in interviews Reggie doesnt really impress me either.
Uh Huh. This is some insufferable $hit- mms://media.fountainpowerboats.com/fountainpowerboats/2006JaxPokerRun.wmv

Quick Reply: Cat Killer Returns!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.