Notices

100 MPH Stuff

Old 07-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 100 MPH Stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrYqs-OAKE

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 07-26-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone get hurt?
Old 07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by nova26
Did anyone get hurt?
Yes they ate the dash and bruised up bad. They healed up and are ok now. With those kind of G's on a body you bruise from the inside out.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 07-26-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Registered

Actually Dick Lazzara the driver got hurt real bad. I heard he had busted his face up bad enough to get plates to repair. I don't think he ever raced again. That race was in Deerfield beach in '99. His factory 2 Outerlimits ran just shy of ninety. I had met him as a guest of Chip Fendt on his Yacht and raced against them a few weeks earlier in Sarasota.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:13 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Actually Dick Lazzara the driver got hurt real bad. I heard he had busted his face up bad enough to get plates to repair. I don't think he ever raced again. That race was in Deerfield beach in '99. His factory 2 Outerlimits ran just shy of ninety. I had met him as a guest of Chip Fendt on his Yacht and raced against them a few weeks earlier in Sarasota.
Doing a dive like that would make you think twice about doing it again, I just wonder how many G's they were under when the brakes came on. I would say at least 60-70 neg G's?

Formula One racing car driver David Purley survived an estimated 179.8 g in 1977 when he decelerated from 108 mph to rest over a distance of 26 inches after his throttle got stuck wide open and he hit a wall.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 947 Likes on 509 Posts

Dick is my wife's sister's father in law. I believe he was brought back from dead on the table. His nose was stuffed into his brain and had the same type of injury that killed Earnhardt. He never raced again but he has a 5 frame picture of that crash in his garage as a reminder. I am 99% sure he wore an open faced helmet like Earnhardt and that did not help in either crash.

He is the founder/owner of www.Lazzarayachts.com
Old 07-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered

Dick was a gracious host to a small gathering of F2 racers in Sarasota aboard his yacht. I was lucky to have met him in that setting. I hope he is doing well now. I expect he is.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Registered

VV, Not only do the G's get you, but unlike cars the water impacts you as well. And you can't forget the breathing thing.

I know of an incident in Key West where a boat tripped, stuffed and hit bottom in some 20 feet of water. It actually stuck a piece of coral in the v under the bow eye as evidence. The driver was lucky his hands went through the dash and were stuck. Fortunately the boat popped up and was afloat upright.l
Old 07-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
VV, Not only do the G's get you, but unlike cars the water impacts you as well. And you can't forget the breathing thing.

I know of an incident in Key West where a boat tripped, stuffed and hit bottom in some 20 feet of water. It actually stuck a piece of coral in the v under the bow eye as evidence. The driver was lucky his hands went through the dash and were stuck. Fortunately the boat popped up and was afloat upright.l
Talk about spooky
Old 07-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered

Stuffing at 80 mph is ugly and painful; At a 100 it is often deadly.
There have been numerous deadly stuffs over the years. God bless those involved.

Going fast is dangerous. I think many are unaware of just how narrow the line between fun and tragedy is at 80 or 100 mph.

Quick Reply: 100 MPH Stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.