Notices

Video Camera Reccomendation

Old 04-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Video Camera Reccomendation

Other than the Go Pro Hero for what it's best for, what is a good budget choice for a digital HD video camera for on the boat use as well as elsewhere.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow...38 looks and no opinions?? I thought I would get flooded on this like Ford vs Chevy or something similar...
Old 04-14-2013, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure what camera to recommend if you exclude the gopro. In my opinion it has the action camera market wrapped up. I got the new black edition a couple months ago and I'm blown away every time I watch videos from it. You can almost see individual grains of sand flying off the tires from a recent dune riding trip it is so clear and that was only set on 960. I've only used it on 720 and 960 thus far. I look forward to seeing how it looks on 1080 and 1440 when I start using it under water in th next month or two.

Sorry I don't have any other options for you.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cp5899
I'm not sure what camera to recommend if you exclude the gopro. In my opinion it has the action camera market wrapped up. I got the new black edition a couple months ago and I'm blown away every time I watch videos from it. You can almost see individual grains of sand flying off the tires from a recent dune riding trip it is so clear and that was only set on 960. I've only used it on 720 and 960 thus far. I look forward to seeing how it looks on 1080 and 1440 when I start using it under water in th next month or two.

Sorry I don't have any other options for you.
+100

There is a reason go pro owns the market. I have the newest models with the smart phone video feed and camera control app, simply amazing.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
Other than the Go Pro Hero for what it's best for, what is a good budget choice for a digital HD video camera for on the boat use as well as elsewhere.
Most of us have the GoPro for a good reason.

Probably the reason no one has suggestions.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I have read, gopro really does have the market as the best. But I am with you, if they have the $400 market tied up, what else is out there cheaper? Can I get 75% of the quality for 30$ of the price?

This is what I am looking at:
http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-PlaySpor...I2VQF2229AY1QK

Now my reasons why. I am really looking for something for my 7 to 13 year old kids to use. This fits right in a pocket, is water proof without a case, and has a display on the backside. with a C-note covering it, if they lose it I will not cry! If it works well enough, we will use it on the boat. If not, well, I have to get the boat running first, so a go pro comes later!

It does not have the fish eye lense of the go pro, but you can buy add on ones for a low price on ebay. i am going to try one out for camping and such for the kids. Once the boat is running, I will probably buy a gopro silver for the $300. with built in wifi, it will link to the Ipad nicely.

Brian
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

i have just got the gopro wight and it seams to work good for jsut playing around with it but cant wate to get it on the boat. and the wight was only 200 i think. outher then that i carry a flip cam with me too. works good just not for runing fast unless u tape off the mic or u get a lot of wind noises.not good to get went eather.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by befu
From what I have read, gopro really does have the market as the best. But I am with you, if they have the $400 market tied up, what else is out there cheaper? Can I get 75% of the quality for 30$ of the price?

This is what I am looking at:
http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-PlaySpor...I2VQF2229AY1QK

Now my reasons why. I am really looking for something for my 7 to 13 year old kids to use. This fits right in a pocket, is water proof without a case, and has a display on the backside. with a C-note covering it, if they lose it I will not cry! If it works well enough, we will use it on the boat. If not, well, I have to get the boat running first, so a go pro comes later!

It does not have the fish eye lense of the go pro, but you can buy add on ones for a low price on ebay. i am going to try one out for camping and such for the kids. Once the boat is running, I will probably buy a gopro silver for the $300. with built in wifi, it will link to the Ipad nicely.

Brian
Here is a video I recorded with the Kodak, most think it is cell phone because the quality is that poor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djXxCWKCJyY

The $200 go pro still beats anything on the market, comes with a water tight case and mount tabs, and is the resolution most will use every day. The optional suction cup mount is so good some run it below the water line. Unless you are making studio quality movies I don't think you will use the res of the black. The go pro simply can't be beat.

Buy them both at wal mart, down load the smart phone app, run them both and take back what you don't like
Old 04-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didnt know there was anything else but the Go-Pro
Old 04-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

get the suction cup mount on amazon and just get the screwon adaper for the gopro. the mount i got is metal and stonger and better lock for the cup then the one gopro makes and was cheeper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.