How big for the Chesapeak? >

How big for the Chesapeak?

Notices

How big for the Chesapeak?

Old 02-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some beautiful country to be boating in. Sorry, but it's a little flat here on the east coast.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hollowpoint
Some beautiful country to be boating in. Sorry, but it's a little flat here on the east coast.
Still beautiful here...Just a different beauty.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Default Launch

Running!!! You should launch on the patapsco river side. On the mag. side you have a good distance to run to get to the harbor or jelly fish joels.Lot more fuel burnning.JOHN
Old 02-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Run_em_hard
I am new to the East cost. Just moved to Maryland from Utah two months ago. I am looking at moving up from my current 22' Advantage to a larger boat. What is a good size boat to be able to take out any day I want in the summer? I have had my boat in 6-8 footers once and that wasn't fun. My old man has a 31' scarab thunder that I have driven quite a bit so twins are a must. I plan on trips to the ocean about once a month or so. I've been looking at Gun's, Bullets, and some 38' Scarabs and 35&38' Formulas.

Welcome to Maryland! If you change your mind on the Scarab, this boat will allow you to run the bay nearly any day you would want to be out there. http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o14820-en.html My mechanic is out of the Grasonville area so I'll even throw in 20 hours of paid maintenance to take of the oil changes and stuff. Either way, please let me know if you head this way with the boat. You mentioned boating in the ocean and that is about the only place we run here in Ocean City. There are only 10-12 local performance boats here, but we still have a great time!

Last edited by Hot Duck; 02-26-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
Welcome to Maryland! If you change your mind on the Scarab, this boat will allow you to run the bay nearly any day you would want to be out there. http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o14820-en.html My mechanic is out of the Grasonville area so I'll even throw in 20 hours of paid maintenance to take of the oil changes and stuff. Either way, please let me know if you head this way with the boat. You mentioned boating in the ocean and that is about the only place we run here in Ocean City. There are only 10-12 local performance boats here, but we still have a great time!
I will definetly get ahold of you when we hit the ocean. We actually were in Ocean City on Sunday, we went on a little buggy ride. I have a friend that has a house down there so we will definetly get there.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Running!!! You should launch on the patapsco river side. On the mag. side you have a good distance to run to get to the harbor or jelly fish joels.Lot more fuel burnning.JOHN
Well my community launch ramp is on the Mag...besides its only money, can't take it with you.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Run_em_hard
I will be launching out of the Magothy. Right out of Sillery Bay, Grays Creek to be specific.
I'm up the Magothy furthur..just past the 6 mph marker on the right...I'll be looking for you...btw, you'll enjoy Dutchship (Dobbins) Island....good party place...it's right in the Magothy & you might be able to see it from Sillery Bay.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,339 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by excalibur27
I'm up the Magothy furthur..just past the 6 mph marker on the right...I'll be looking for you...btw, you'll enjoy Dutchship (Dobbins) Island....good party place...it's right in the Magothy & you might be able to see it from Sillery Bay.
Hey Tommy, how is everything. ready for spring? this cold blast is killin me...Still lookin for some good places, have you gone all the way up to Grays creek? how is the water?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Hey Tommy, how is everything. ready for spring? this cold blast is killin me...Still lookin for some good places, have you gone all the way up to Grays creek? how is the water?

Hey Rob,
Good to here from you. OK water in Grays Creek, just keep an eye on depth gauge near shore. Grays Creek is close to Dutchship Island near the mouth of the Magothy on the Northern shore. Waiting on Spring also. Winter sucks. We have to meet up this summer for sure. Had too many back surgeries & boat downtime to get any good boating in last year. Hope to have a good year ahead of me with the new Konrad's. Hope you are doing well & btw, any luck waterfront shopping.
Tommy
Old 02-29-2008, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,339 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by excalibur27
Hey Rob,
Good to here from you. OK water in Grays Creek, just keep an eye on depth gauge near shore. Grays Creek is close to Dutchship Island near the mouth of the Magothy on the Northern shore. Waiting on Spring also. Winter sucks. We have to meet up this summer for sure. Had too many back surgeries & boat downtime to get any good boating in last year. Hope to have a good year ahead of me with the new Konrad's. Hope you are doing well & btw, any luck waterfront shopping.
Tommy
sorry to hear about the back. I just saw Dave doing a few konrads a couple days agp in his shop. My motors are there as well. I have 3 properties in mind, one is a penninsula on grays, another on the magothy and one on the Severn..another potential one on the South River, all relativly close in price, just waitont to tie up some company loose ends...We will be out playing this year. My 20 should be done in June/July....

Quick Reply: How big for the Chesapeak?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.