Operation Dry Water Targets BUI >

Operation Dry Water Targets BUI

Notices

Operation Dry Water Targets BUI

Old 06-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seltzer
how about putting hazard markers around the red day marker just south of Nanjemoy creek

I think its red marker 8. You dont want to go to the outside of it.
So if you're on the correct side of the marker in the channel, is it safe?
Old 06-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Viper TT
Yes. If im out with someone not familiar with that marker, i make it a point to cruise by and show them the rippling water at high tide and the rocks at low tide.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper TT
On either side of the red day marker, I think its #8, their are big rocks piled that extend underwater for 20-40 yards to both sides of the marker. At an extremely low tide you can see them. At a normal low tide they are barely visable. Any other time they are below the surface. You wouldnt think that running on the correct side of the marker would put you in danger. But if you run within 40 yards of it you could hit something submerged. Local boaters are aware of it. The Potomac river is a major waterway, their are alot of boaters not from this area running up to D.C. I give that marker alot of room. I wont come within 200 yards of it.

Last edited by Beak Boater; 06-29-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered

So I heard they had Bellmont bay blocked off and had like 10 cops just getting dropped off by boats onto boats as they did their thing and 20-30 people got tickets and busted for other stuff. I wasn't there any truth to it?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Registered

Yes. If im out with someone not familiar with that marker, i make it a point to cruise by and show them the rippling water at high tide and the rocks at low tide.
Originally Posted by Beak Boater
On either side of the red day marker, I think its #8, their are big rocks piled that extend underwater for 20-40 yards to both sides of the marker. At an extremely low tide you can see them. At a normal low tide they are barely visable. Any other time they are below the surface. You wouldnt think that running on the correct side of the marker would put you in danger. But if you run within 40 yards of it you could hit something submerged. Local boaters are aware of it. The Potomac river is a major waterway, their are alot of boaters not from this area running up to D.C. I give that marker alot of room. I wont come within 200 yards of it.
Thanks for the information. I'm planning on making a trip to DC in the next few weeks and I'm not familiar with the Potomac so I wanted to get some insight.

Randy: I'll let you know when I plan the trip.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was over @ Belmont bay noon Sunday - all was quite, Tims had a huge turn out Sat night for the fireworks and plenty of police were around, I understand a few "occurances" but that happens with any big crowd. A boat was leaving Neabsco Creek Sunday mid day (on plane), boat owners girlfriend was pissed and did not want to go for a boat ride, she jumped off - he kept going - she damn near drowned when finally another boat picked her tired ass up out of the channel - Whoops
Old 06-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Registered

My buddy said there was so much fine a$$ at Tims it was unreal.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Registered

LapsofReason

You should have seen the Sonic at Tims II. I think it was a
41' just out past the dock that had about 4 or 5 girls on it. Man that show the two put on that were on the front of the boat should have been rated R, but I was not complaining.

And yes there was a ton of azz up at Tims I in the late afternoon/evening on the docks.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Registered

I didnt know Mojitos were non alcaholic.
It was the new Sprite with fresh limon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_(soft_drink)
Old 06-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Registered

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12288.shtml

I can't post pics- someone want to ID it and post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.