Notices

Florida run

Old 04-24-2002, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida run

Most of the details are completed however, I need someone from the south side to pick an exit for the rest of the group to hook up. I know very little about that end of town. Once I have that exit number, I can finish the stuff and get it out.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:10 AM
gaboatnut

How far south?

Old 04-24-2002, 09:11 AM
Registered

Well, some where near Atlanta...say around 25 mile south or so?
Old 04-24-2002, 09:20 AM
gaboatnut

The exit PAST Southlake Mall..cant remember the name, but will look it up...has a shopping center on the right right after you exit 75....big parking lot...easy return access. That about it for my knowledge of the south side. If you waited until Forsyth/Macon, there is a rest stop right before the I-475 split. Got any idea of what time you'll be passing thru Macon? I am doing a career day at one of the local high schools that Thursday, but plan on being on the road in the early afternoon. I'll be jumping 75 in Macon.

I just this past Feburary drove thru Palatka on my way from Miami (dont ask!) We came thru Lake City before getting back on 75. That way was a lot better than fighting downtown Gainesville. Ya got any idea of route?

Old 04-24-2002, 11:17 AM
Registered

Gaboatnut

Thanks for the info. The exit number would be a great help. We will past thru Macon about 7:30 or 8:00AM. Wish you could make the group run down but you won't be far behind. The directions will be posted soon with all the exit numbers etc, but here's a short version. I-75 south to Route 100 (Lake city). Route 100 east. we take the trucking route 10A around Lake city business district and back onto Route 100 to Palatka merging with US17 to the bridge at the hotel. It sounds like the way you went too.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:03 PM
gaboatnut

Yepper, thats the way I went. Cant help ya with the exit numbers, since they changed em I cant remember S!@#!! Someone from the southside might know or have a better idea.

Old 04-24-2002, 01:33 PM
Registered

Gaboatnut Thanks. I have someone as we speak hot on the job. Two weeks to go.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:25 PM
gaboatnut

Cool...BTW, the names Andy

Old 04-24-2002, 10:58 PM
Registered

Maybe this will help Byron Ga Exit 143 @ the Big Peach, lots of truckstops and good place to turn around.its the 2nd exit once 475 meets 75 again.
jrocket
Old 04-25-2002, 09:05 AM
Registered

Hello everyone. The itinerary is completed...Only have the driving direction to do and I'll post. Two weeks to go.

Quick Reply: Florida run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.