Atlanta/lake Murray Powerboat Club Bar-b-q Info

Notices

Atlanta/lake Murray Powerboat Club Bar-b-q Info

Old 06-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlanta/lake Murray Powerboat Club Bar-b-q Info

Hey there!
It's almost time for the Bar-B-Q and I need to get some info from y'all! First, I need a head count on how many people plan to attend the Bar-B-Q.
We are having it at our home on Friday, June 14 at 7PM. If this is a problem, please let me know!
Then, if anyone is interested, we are planning an "Adult Date Night" on Saturday, June 15 around 7PM. Our babysitters have been more than gracious to offer their services to anyone that would like to take us up on this offer! After spending all day with our little ones, we thought it would be nice for the adults to have dinner together. They have wonderful food and a nice bar with a small dance floor. We live approximately 5-10 minutes by water from the marina so it would very convenient to get to. The kids could stay at our home where they would be able to play foosball, basketball, Playstation, computer and watch movies on the tv. If anyone is interested, please let me know how many children and their ages.
We look forward to seeing everyone and having a great weekend together!

Cat & Ken
Old 06-06-2002, 04:59 AM
Registered

WOW how nice....ok at the risk of sounding picky or such...can you tell us about the babysitter(s)...age, experience, etc?
Old 06-06-2002, 11:10 AM
Registered

Speedbump,
You are not sounding picky...only like a concerned parent! We have very good babysitters! This one (Jennifer) is a rising junior and she's been babysitting since she was in 7th grade. She's been sitting for us for the last 2.5 yrs. and is great with our boys! She will play outside with them, go swimming with them, take them to games with her family and likes to play video games with them! She has taken babysitting courses and is a very responsible girl! I understand where you're coming from but, I promise you as overprotective of our boys as Kenneth & I are, we feel more than comfortable having Jen stay with them! Plus, it helps that she lives only 2 blocks away and her parents are always home. We also carry our phone and both pagers so that she can reach us when needed. Jen also has a sister that can help her if she needs addditional help...she's 14 yrs. old and a rising 9th grader. The other sitter we use when Jen isn't available is Megan. She's a rising senior that works at the rec center's after school program as a coordinator/counselor. She's also very good! I can honestly tell you that we have been blessed with great babysitters that really care about our kids! Sorry I've rambled on too long! But, if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me! Also, I don't think we plan on staying out too late...Sunday is church for some of us and it's also Father's Day...gotta feel good that day!

See ya!
Cat
Old 06-06-2002, 12:07 PM
Registered

Cat

Thanks so much for the invite to the picnic however, I don't think any of the APBC will be there cause we'll all be on the road driving from here to there. So to miss it. As for Sat. night I'll try and find out how many folks would be interested this weekend and get back with you on monday.

See ya soon.

Gig
Old 06-06-2002, 11:12 PM
Registered

Location: I knew I shouldn't have made that left turn in Albuquerque...
Question Dang Gig...

What time do you plan on leaving to get there??? I think Karen's getting off that Fri. to get up there early... Did I miss something?
Old 06-07-2002, 07:23 AM
Registered

Yep, you did. The vast majority of the folks that are going leave after work on Friday. We boat Saturday and Sunday and return home on Monday. However, you can do what ever you want...go earliy Friday and enjoy your time off. I'm sure you'll have fun. Let the Wiginout folks know if you're going to the picnic. Sounds like a ball. Wish I could leave early but just not possible.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:12 AM
Registered

Mrs Wigginout -
Looks like a few of us will be up early enough to make the BBQ if the offer still stands. Me, Chris, Paige & Ethan...Dreamweaver, RedWarlock and their son Tony.

We'll need directions....
Old 06-13-2002, 01:54 PM
Registered

Location: I knew I shouldn't have made that left turn in Albuquerque...
Talking TTT or Bump...

Whichever phrase is used for moving a topic on this board...