Notices

Gilligans Pier

Old 03-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderStruck53
Your boat's 30' long right?? 25' with a 5' swim platform?? Probably more like 27' and close to the same wetted surface as your 28 with a notched transom and swim platform

I also didn't know your boat had 36' K-planes...all that running surface and you still flop back and forth??
I hardly ever use them. Its usually too calm and the bow would just plow. I level them out in choppy or rough water

In all seriousness, you thought about removing the extension box?? I saw a youtube video of a guy in NJ who is running good numbers in a tantrum and doesn't have an extension box.
I have thought about it, but the new motor weighs a couple more hundred pounds ( bigger block and iron heads), my hope is that it brings the COG to a point where the boat will balance better on the lifting strakes in calm water. Both previous owners did not experience the calm water porpoise I had, but they did have heavier motors. If nothing changes with the new motor, the box will come off, eventually. We will see.

Last edited by My Addiction; 03-04-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Look at the swim platform on this boat we sold it was huge.
http://www.performanceboatcenter.com...sp?boat_id=650
Old 03-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Registered

Ahh, locals...

Has anyone heard about aquapoluza being back at Tim's 2 this year?

I'm waiting on some props back from bblades right now before I can drop her back down in the water...
Old 03-06-2013, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do have to agree, it is good to see you guys on here talking **** again. I can't and won't talk ****, because I have a SONIC. However, I will enjoy my A/C and the complete liquor store down in the cabin.

I do enjoy the banter back and forth though...
Old 03-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Penaltybox
I do have to agree, it is good to see you guys on here talking **** again. I can't and won't talk ****, because I have a SONIC. However, I will enjoy my A/C and the complete liquor store down in the cabin.

Yesssiirrrrr! Scott, what's the plan now that I see Tug It is up for sale? Super Vee??? lol....

Side bar: talked to Gordon two weeks ago...my rents' are bringing the CC and I'll have mine at Tiki opening, a little over a month and can't wait!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

We got another SVL, also a 30' Phantom. It is the old Wild Ride/Buccaneer Pawn boat. We just got it here on Tuesday. We will be testing under the Solomon's bridge on Saturday afternoon.

Tiki opening will be a blast. This will be my first year in 8 years I haven't worked at Tiki for the opening.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Penaltybox

Don't forget to mention that Bimini top.

Brian, you can get one too, your boat is slow enough
Old 03-07-2013, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

That gay shade allows me to keep boating, when all the 'fair weather' boaters stay home....
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Don't be jealous!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Gilligans Pier-whiplash-gay-shade.jpg  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by My Addiction
Don't forget to mention that Bimini top.

Brian, you can get one too, your boat is slow enough
See there you go again....just when started feeling bad for frying' your tail a little earlier, you want to start up again...

If my memory serves me correctly, AT is the red headed step child of sonic... Or vice versa... Either way, it takes 4385739 HP to make them run decent numbers. Can't wait to spank your a$$ at the Reiter Cup. No backing out this year and it may be a good idea to leave the wife at home...I don't want you scaring her while you squeak out every last MPH out of that pig! I can do this all day boss....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.