Notices

Lake Martin 2002

Old 07-23-2002, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Martin 2002

Picture this....we arrive at the hotel around 11 am Friday morning (Alabama Time)...room is ready...we check in and grab a bite to eat...HEAD FOR THE LAKE!!!

The lake is like glass...only us and about 2 other boats on the entire lake We cruise toward the south stopping frequently for landmarks because we're feeling our way via the map. About half way through...the kids are asleep Hubby asks...you want to pull over, wake the kids up and let them swim...I say "What the..... are you crazy? Kids asleep and the lake like glass...let's cruise!!!!" We cruise down and locate a relative's cabin way at the southern most end of the lake - empty. We head back...as we cruise and cruise we now realize we weren't being as careful...we're lost on a beautiful lake...tough life huh? Stop for gas...ask directions.

After all is said and done we make it back to the hotel in time to give the first arrivals to our group a hard time about being "late". Let's have a cocktail! Dinner at Lake Hill Restaurant...yummy!

Saturday and Sunday we're equally as beautiful days. Saturday's dinner was a Cecil's in downtown Alexander City...yummy too!!

We had a wonderful trip!! A special thanks to Cougarcat and Regina for the special drinks !!! We had a great time around the pool with the pukecicle jokes (you had to be there) and let's see...I'm supposed to mention LS-7 Starkist...something about the size of a tunafish can (diameter) A good time was had by all...even minus the speedo man

Here's the link for the pictures guys....you thought I'd take a while didn't you? Let me know if any are objectionable pretty please ([email protected]).

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...id=69006310503
Old 07-23-2002, 07:56 AM
Registered

Great job speedy, thanks for the pics and giving all the ones who didn't get to go a good look at the lake.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:01 AM
Dreamweaver

AWESOME PICS Speedy! Wish we could have been there! We'll definitely make it next time!!!

You gonna put some of these pics on the web site?

What do you think about putting a "Member Boats" page on the web site? Of course, only those who want their boats displayed would be on the site....

Old 07-23-2002, 10:12 AM
Registered

After everyone has had a look and comment time, I'll post on the web site.

I like the idea of posting the "best pictures" of the member boats...that's cool!!! Let's discuss later.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:10 PM
Warlock 27

Thumbs up

Its like no one uses it..wish we could have made it..

Great pics..wide open spaces .. long uninterupted runs..

Now all I need is too figure out how to own a house there,one here and still have all the toys..

Old 07-23-2002, 10:49 PM
Registered

Location: I knew I shouldn't have made that left turn in Albuquerque...
Talking Great Pics!!!

Johnnyboy said he couldn't get anyone to play tho... BTW, I have a CD for you to take this weekend to AL., if'n ya don't mind. I'll either get it to you. or your hubby before Fri. I'll be in touch!
Old 07-24-2002, 05:02 AM
Registered

HPRON - yep it is like no one uses the lake. Even at the height of the day there didn't seem to be as much traffic as the "big water" on Allatoona. Great lake.

Do you think you'll make Hartwell?? August 16-18 We stay at the Shoney's Inn - $39 a night!

RedWarlock - what CD???
Old 07-24-2002, 05:52 AM
Warlock 27

Thumbs up

Yes..we are going to look at Hartwell...it is really low..went by last week on way back from a business trip..

Keep us posted on getails..I yet to figure out what boats from the club are on Lanier and Allatoona.

Are any of you doing the poker run..we may help as volunteers..if I get a hold of Barclay..I dont believe we will actually run it..to crowed and rough in a 22

Headed to Destin this fri.......

Old 07-24-2002, 06:01 AM
Registered

You talking Lanier Poker Run on August 10? If so, there is a big maybe for us to watch only....too rough for me! Maybe we can drum something up for that weekend on Lanier...??? Send me an email.

It appears Hartwell is about 11 feet down which is what I think it was last year when we went. Just had to follow those who know where they are going and stay away for the shoreline.

Have fun in Destin! I have to go back to Alabama to get my daughter - no boat this time - just a pool and lots of cocktails!
Old 07-24-2002, 07:30 AM
Registered

speedbump............great pictures. That lake looks quite nice, and not much traffic at all (wow).

hpron. I'm going to see the folks at Hartwell this Fri-Sat and can post some levels on Saturday night, but, as you said it just keeps going down-down-down. Sad thing is, its not be up at anytime during the year.

Bob

Quick Reply: Lake Martin 2002

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.