Notices

Lake Hartwell

Old 07-29-2002, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Hartwell

Okay - I need honest opinions from I hope EVERYONE on the board. There are some concerns regarding the lake levels on Lake Hartwell. I've emailed good buddy Kaamacat and I'm going to check with Mrs. Wigginout to get their more expert opinions.
I'll post what I receive from them. Here's a web site on Drought Information that I found that gives some levels at Hartwell also.

I called the hotel and we would have to cancel our rooms 3 days in advance in order not to receive additional charges. I asked Rebecca Hart if there would be any charges toward Seadated and she indicated no. HOwever, I would say that if any were incurred we'd all best be prepared to pitch in and reimburse Seadated immediately.

Bottom line - if we go to Hartwell still who would really attend and who would opt out due to the lake levels? Honest responses needed from all of you pretty pretty please.

Here's the web site:
http://water.sas.usace.army.mil/drou...projection.cfm
Old 07-29-2002, 09:41 AM
Registered

Location: I knew I shouldn't have made that left turn in Albuquerque...
Unhappy Hartwell...

It's looking more and more like we're gonna pass. I'm not gonna risk having to replace at the least a prop, possibly even an outdrive. The levels are dropping on all the lakes in the area and will continue throughout the rest of the year. Allatoona is down 4' over the last month from full pool, so I would imagine that the rest have followed suit. And Hartwell never even got close to full pool this year...

Last edited by RedWarlock; 07-29-2002 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:43 AM
Registered

Oh yeah - if we do not go Hartwell, will you go to Lake Martin and, if so, did everyone enjoy the Jameson Inn we stayed at this time??
Old 07-29-2002, 10:36 AM
Dreamweaver

Howdy all!

I'm actually fine with either, although my hubby is concerned about lake levels and all...

Lake Martin sounded wonderful... So I'm cool with that...

OR if we elect to go with Hartwell, that's just peachy, too!

But if you wanna twist my arm and make me decide.... What do you guys think about Ocoee??? Something new and different to explore??

EXPERTS OUT THERE - what do you guys know about Ocoee?

Old 07-29-2002, 11:50 AM
Registered

speedbump......sorry for the delay, just got your message. And, as luck would have it we could not go this weekend because the wife had to work Saturday.

I will be NOW going up this weekend, but, from what my parents are still telling me its going down even more. In fact, I've not seen it go up at all this year.

Sorry to be a downer here, but, even when up there a month ago on the jetski (the other "white meat"), there are tree tops up way above the water all over the place, and, knowing that there have got to be some just below. I can snoop around this weekend at the state ramp (just over the border x1 in SC), the marina across the way, and some other ramps though.

Bob
Old 07-29-2002, 11:59 AM
Registered

I will pass on future trips this summer and will begin to boat again come fall (September-November). Now next year is a whole new ball game.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:49 PM
Registered

We're in regardless of where you guys decide to go. We don't draw that much water so I'll just follow Gig and watch for the mud and/or the sawdust . I've got to say Lake Martin was pretty nice---got to love the 30' leap of death off of Chimney Rock. Angie liked the flat water/ means WFO for me!!!! Although after she went riding in Rons boat, I'm now told that WILL be our next big purchase(26' canopied cat). That Martin trip just cost me a LOT!!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 02:28 PM
Registered

We would love to do Martin since we had to miss the trip. The pics looked great.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Registered

You guys are right........those pics of Lake Martin looked great.....and for Hartwell i dont know if i can get off the trailer. I dont draw much water at all with the surface drives, just need lots and lots of trailer room to float it...........

Bob
Old 07-30-2002, 05:09 AM
Registered

Lake Martin gets our vote.

Quick Reply: Lake Hartwell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.