Lake Keowee questions >

Lake Keowee questions

Notices

Lake Keowee questions

Old 07-11-2024, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 455 Likes on 271 Posts
Default Lake Keowee questions

I'm in the process of trying to find a nice lake to retire full time on. I'm currently renting a house on Lake Keowee. From my research, it appears to be a clean lake. I love it so far. 😃

Some of the cons, only 1 restaurant on the water. From where I'm staying, town of Seneca is around 15-20 minutes away. There seems to be a decent amount of stores there though.

Can anyone familiar with the lake list anymore pro's/con's?

Thank You
Old 07-24-2024, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We built a retirement home on Lake Keowee and moved in around 2015. We live on the west side near Duke Power about 15 - 18 minutes from Seneca. Clean water and beautiful mountain views are a plus. The main cons for us is that this lake has become very crowded in the last 15 years. It is so crowded we would never use our boat on the weekend, however since we are retired that is not a big deal. Duke Power has been rocking up the islands and some of the shore, but the wake boats have destroyed a lot of it and continue to do so. Real estate prices are way too high on Keowee right now (good if you are selling and leaving the lake though). We moved here from Lake Moultrie in the Low Country of SC.
Old 07-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Real Estate on virtually every lake has gotten insane. We vacation on Lake Norman NC and are hoping to retire there. It's getting out of reach. I'm sad to hear Keowee is high too. And every lake has gotten overcrowded since the COVID explosion. The bubble has to burst at some point!!
Old 08-04-2024, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 455 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by kornegle
We built a retirement home on Lake Keowee and moved in around 2015. We live on the west side near Duke Power about 15 - 18 minutes from Seneca. Clean water and beautiful mountain views are a plus. The main cons for us is that this lake has become very crowded in the last 15 years. It is so crowded we would never use our boat on the weekend, however since we are retired that is not a big deal. Duke Power has been rocking up the islands and some of the shore, but the wake boats have destroyed a lot of it and continue to do so. Real estate prices are way too high on Keowee right now (good if you are selling and leaving the lake though). We moved here from Lake Moultrie in the Low Country of SC.
We were on the lake during the week and on Saturday. I purposely wanted to be there on the weekend to see how crowded it was. I didn't think it was too bad. I guess I'm used to the crowds. LOL

We stayed on the west side of the lake a bit south of duke. Any recommendation on were on the lake is best for a active retiree? Looking due s house, not sure about living in an hoa??

My biggest concern is not many things to do. Being "somewhat" close to stores/restaurants/health care is what I'm researching now.

Last edited by underpsi68; 08-04-2024 at 08:54 PM.