Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Anyone from Minnesota? >

Anyone from Minnesota?

Notices

Anyone from Minnesota?

Old 06-21-2007, 09:53 AM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by 24degrees
Minnetonka is a launching nightmare if you ask me.....it keeps me from using the boat for sure.
Launching is easy, the hard part is finding a parking spot for your truck/trailer.

Here's the trick: Arrive at the launch at about 11:30, when the fisherman are coming off the water. Also, the best launch seems to be Maxwell Bay or North Arm, these seem to attract the most fisherman, hence the most opportunities for parking.

Please let me know if you need any more details... It can be a very fun lake, come out and enjoy it!

Tom

Old 06-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

I boat on Mtka. once in a while. The best place to launch and park is the ramp next to the sheriff's station in Spring Park. You can park your truck and trailer at the Henn. Co. truck lot about a block east of the launch. It is a 2-3 min. walk back to the ramp.
See you there soon. Give me a call @ 763-473-8963 anytime and I can give you more directions. I park my 1T dually and 40' trailer in that lot with no problems.

gary

Last edited by RMPRam; 06-21-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RMPRam
I boat on Mtka. once in a while. The best place to launch and park is the ramp next to the sheriff's station in Spring Park. You can park your truck and trailer at the Henn. Co. truck lot about a block east of the launch. It is a 2-3 min. walk back to the ramp.
See you there soon. Give me a call @ 763-473-8963 anytime and I can give you more directions. I park my 1T dually and 40' trailer in that lot with no problems.

gary
Thank's Gary I like the lonch at Maxwell Bay but I can't park there and the Spring Park ramp well I'm on the loud side I don't think it would be in my best interest to pout in there so off to the river this weekend
Don
Old 06-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gary are you going to the Apostle island poker run this year???
Don
Old 06-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Gary.......I keep forgetting about that lot....that's my best bet.

Launch ramps stress me out.......maybe I'm just spoiled. I grew up on Gray's Bay.......I got used to walking out to the dock, untie and I'm gone........

Nice '38 BTW......I thought you sold that?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMPRam

gary
Gary,

I didnt know we had a 38 cig in Plymouth. Thats where i grew up and went ot high school. I live in Golden Valley right now, but still keep by boat at my Dad's place most of the time off of Zachary Lane. Where in Plymouth are you?

Dan
Old 06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab22-1998
Launching is easy, the hard part is finding a parking spot for your truck/trailer.

Here's the trick: Arrive at the launch at about 11:30, when the fisherman are coming off the water. Also, the best launch seems to be Maxwell Bay or North Arm, these seem to attract the most fisherman, hence the most opportunities for parking.

Please let me know if you need any more details... It can be a very fun lake, come out and enjoy it!

Tom

Tom,

You been out on Tonka the last few weekends? I was at Big Island the last 3 Saturdays.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm on Walnut Grove Lane, in Imperial Hills. I have not had the boat out this year yet. I'm planning on going to the river this weekend. See you there?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Registered

you're practically in Medina over there. i will be at my cabin in Hayward, WI for 8 days starting this weekend. I would love to make it to the river once this year though.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:06 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by Ports
Tom,

You been out on Tonka the last few weekends? I was at Big Island the last 3 Saturdays.
Yes, been out last three weekends, too. We usually beach-up at Boyscout Island so my dog, Shore, can run around. This Friday morning we leave for Redwing. Doing the Mississippi for the weekend.

We'll look for you at Big-I.

Tom

Quick Reply: Anyone from Minnesota?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.