Does LOTO "close" after labor Day? >

Does LOTO "close" after labor Day?

Notices

Does LOTO "close" after labor Day?

Old 08-19-2007, 11:30 AM
BL6
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Does LOTO "close" after labor Day?

I told some friends who have been to LOTO several times, that I was thinking about going down in mid sept. They said it's all shut down. I figured the temp still has to be 80+ plenty of day in sept & early oct. right? They said few restuarants are open.
In made sense to me that when Mich starts to cool, I could head down that way. So what's it like? I know it won't be wall to wall boaters, but maybe that's a good thing?
Old 08-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOTO, is still a go !! Some of the best boating of the season is after Labor Day. Warm days, and cool nights, and most of the humidity is gone.
Some bars will be closed during the week, but almost all will be open during the weekend.
The water will be smooth, and you can go anywhere without a wait. P.C. is pretty dead after L.D.
Have fun.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Registered

Like Reggie said, just during the week it is slow and some bars closed. It is usually good till Harbor Hop, 2nd weekend in october, then things shut down for the winter. So come on down!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Things do quiet down a lot after Labor Day.
But I've got a feeling that the last weekend in Sept might be kind of busy. Check out the link.
http://www.toadcove.com/OSS.aspx
Old 08-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nope the lake Closes promptly at 5:00pm on Sunday after Labor day. from that point on it is only open to property owners.

Just kidding.

That is when we get in most of our boating when things start to calm down. The water is much more enjoyable exspecially late fall when the leaves and such start to change.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:49 PM
BL6
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey guys, thanks for the scoop! I think we will be down for sure. I was unaware of OSS event late Sept, that looks interesting also!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered

These guys are pulling your leg BL6. They always drain LOTO right after Labor Day.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Griz
These guys are pulling your leg BL6. They always drain LOTO right after Labor Day.
NFT Party

Old 08-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Registered

Most of the bars have a Halloween party / Customer Apprecitation Day and then close or go to some sort of winter schedule.

As far as boating MOST folks winterize after the Fall Harbor Hop... http://www.funlake.com/harborhop/
Old 08-22-2007, 11:01 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by QWKRN U
Nope the lake Closes promptly at 5:00pm on Sunday after Labor day. from that point on it is only open to property owners.

Just kidding.

That is when we get in most of our boating when things start to calm down. The water is much more enjoyable exspecially late fall when the leaves and such start to change.
Too funny!!!!! That's when we really begin to enjoy the Lake again.

Quick Reply: Does LOTO "close" after labor Day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.