Sound Ordinance - Kansas Lakes >

Sound Ordinance - Kansas Lakes

Notices

Sound Ordinance - Kansas Lakes

Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound Ordinance - Kansas Lakes

Anybody know about this? 86 decibels doesn't seem very much.

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/boa...vels_in_effect

Thanks...
Old 11-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered

Yep..We know all about it there have been 6 of us at Lake Perry kicked off because of the new Laws..We are doing what we can to get the laws changed..We are sending letter to our Local Reps complaning about the laws..Check this out to get an idea of what you can do to help..
http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/sh...ht=kansas+laws
Old 11-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Registered

Thanks, I'll have to send a letter too. This is ridiculous... I haven't had a chance to put my boat out on the water yet, and may never get too. I heard they were cracking down on this all over the state... Friends at Cheney got kicked off too.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Registered

Come to ElDorado, so far they have been pretty decent about it with us, but who know next summer, I hope it stays the same
Old 11-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Registered

Angry

We cannot live with the sound level laws as they are in Kansas. We have worked on several articles in newspapers and have gained some realization about the law but we need to continue to write and call our reps and ask what they are doing to fix the problem. I would think they would want to change it as it is incorrectly written at this point when it comes to describing the SAE standard used to enforce the law.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:59 PM
NoQuarter

I agree with fighting back, but it's definately an up-hill battle, and only a matter of time.

We too have really restrictive enforcement in Mn, both on Lake Minnetonka and the Mississippi River. But the sound check is done at rest, thats all.

What people do here is put on 'Snorkles'. They are pipes that extend from your timps and then turn downward into the water. This drops your DBs way down, and you pass the sound check.

Once your on plane, the pipes come out of the water and you get your sound back. Sure, it's probably undesirable to most, but it's what you gotta do to just enjoy boating.

Here, they (Sheriff) will wait outside of Locks and channels, they will listen, and they will get you. If you have 'snorkels', they leave you alone because you are already off plane and the pipes are in the water.

Some of the exhaust tip makers have nice ones.

My whole idea is to just enjoy boating and quit getting hassled or fighting a war.

Old 11-17-2022, 01:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 394 Likes on 142 Posts

Ok I just got a job offer in Wichita, and I want to bring my 25 Talon, and boat on Cheney or ElDorado. Do I need mufflers?
Thanks,
Dean
Old 11-17-2022, 01:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,472 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Ok I just got a job offer in Wichita, and I want to bring my 25 Talon, and boat on Cheney or ElDorado. Do I need mufflers?
Thanks,
Dean
Not sure about those lakes but Ive been on lake Perry a few times with no issues
Old 11-17-2022, 02:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 394 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Not sure about those lakes but Ive been on lake Perry a few times with no issues
Thanks Speedy, Wondering if I can install these:

Gibson Performance Exhaust 210002: Power Curves Marine Mufflers 4" X 8" - JEGS High Performance
Old 11-17-2022, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,472 Posts

[QUOTE=Dean Ferry;4851724]Thanks Speedy, Wondering if I can install these:

Gibson Performance Exhaust 210002: Power Curves Marine Mufflers 4" X 8" - JEGS High Performance[/QUOTE

I sent a text to Bowman he does a lot of tuning on El-dorado

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 11-17-2022 at 07:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Sound Ordinance - Kansas Lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.