Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Shootout results posted >

Shootout results posted

Notices

Shootout results posted

Old 09-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed that radar vs gps on my first run was 1 mph off. My second run was 1.5 mph off. I guess this isn't too bad. Just glad I didn't run on Saturday.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I never actually heard what their speeds were for me on Sat, does anyone know how to find out?
Old 09-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GeeterB
Key....OK....sounds like a plan. I will be there next year. Can't promise high speeds, but I will buy the first beer after the shoot-out. Do you get to LOTO much?
I can't promise 'em either, but it'll be fun.

I live near Wichita, KS and hit the lake about 5-6 times in the summer. Our family has a lake house on the 3.5mm of the Osage Arm... across from Atlantis Island.

How about yourself?
Old 09-06-2008, 04:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mostly on the Mississippi river in St Charles. Make it down to the lake maybe once a year. I'll make it to the shootout next year. Would like to meet a few other OSO'ers like yourself, I need to meet and hang out with more boaters...cause non-boaters don't get it.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rebel_Heart
I noticed that radar vs gps on my first run was 1 mph off. My second run was 1.5 mph off. I guess this isn't too bad. Just glad I didn't run on Saturday.

Well that was about right for Sunday but Saturday a lot of racers complained it was off by a substantial margin.

I found the difference on Saturday was about 6-7MPH off depending on were you came in on the radar.

Our boat has two independent GPS units and they are pretty much right on the money. Saturday, I ran a 96.5 and the radar had me at 90MPH.

The Sunday runs were more accurate not necessarily that speeds increased it was just the radar trap was hung out a lot further on the course. Thus, more accurate times for all racers and smoother transition times between runs and less waiting at the start line versus Saturday.

Conditions were not conducive to high speeds the weather was HOT, HUMID (99%) and Sticky. The direction of the course did not help ie..starting North and finishing South. Our boat likes to go into the wind and pack some air. I found it real hard to free up the boat as it was glued to the water and really running very wet.

In the end the 96MPH top end was still first in the Deckboat class and we had a great time. Truth be told I hit the rev limiter and thought about a prop. change and coming back out to hit the triple digit mark but we had not broken anything ahead in our class by a huge lead and we wanted to boat later on the lake.

I must say LOTO is an amazing place to boat it was our first time to LOTO but it will not be the last.

KAP
Old 09-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This debate has been repeated each year. Some years there have been questions about radar accuraccy. Speeds may be "off" for that day, but they are off for everyone eoually. BUT, we have also learned that things like the angle of approach can also make a difference on the gun compared to GPS. Just remember, there are a lot of people working hard all year to make it a successfu, and SAFE event. This year was somewhat of a transition year. Everyone had fun and everyone brought their boATS home in one piece, (which doesn't always happen). Congrats to everyone involved.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Does anyone have the details on all the boats that ran in each class and speeds recorded?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gordo
This debate has been repeated each year. Some years there have been questions about radar accuraccy. Speeds may be "off" for that day, but they are off for everyone eoually. BUT, we have also learned that things like the angle of approach can also make a difference on the gun compared to GPS. Just remember, there are a lot of people working hard all year to make it a successfu, and SAFE event. This year was somewhat of a transition year. Everyone had fun and everyone brought their boATS home in one piece, (which doesn't always happen). Congrats to everyone involved.
Hello Gordo:

Well at least say hello we sat right next to you at the Bar in Captn Ron's. It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife---it is also nice to put a face to the screen name.

If you recall I told you at the bar we loved the event and the people an outstanding job by all. The event was awesome and yes it will only get better but it received A++ reviews from both myself and my family.

Once again, a big thanks to all the volunteers who made this event a success.

KAP

P.S. Kinda hard to forget a name like Gordo especially when we live so close to the border.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Who physically managed/directed the speed runs and recorded the results?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kap328
Hello Gordo: Kinda hard to forget a name like Gordo especially when we live so close to the border.
<laughing> Does this name make me look fat?
Sorry 'bout that. I'm still not quite hittin on all eight at times.
Hiya !!
Was great meeting y'all

Quick Reply: Shootout results posted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.