Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Road Trip to Loto >

Road Trip to Loto

Notices

Road Trip to Loto

Old 05-09-2020, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 514 Likes on 233 Posts

I’m an idiot I put the other thread in the technical general discussion section thinking I was in the general boating discussion section. That is great looking house you build and seems like a good price.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 134 Posts

Thanks, But like I said in the other thread., LOTO has numerous areas that encumber the area and it is a LARGE area. It is almost impossible to just give random advise abut the area without knowing what you envision . Visit with an open mind... Drive around and get a little lost. First impressions are often right when a person is looking to move. Once you have picked the area, then ask about specifics.

I also recommend putting a list together off what you would like to have and then start there honing it in. LOTO, Like I said, has about everything you could imagine, it is just finding how it fits into your ideals.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:35 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,993 Likes on 995 Posts

I merged the two threads.

IMO, to really get a feel for the area, you would really want to spend a couple weeks at LOTO. Even better would be to do a long term rental. Off season rentals are cheap and plentiful.
Also, I would look for lakefront or second tier with access to a community dock. When figuring your price point, keep in mind that real estate taxes are very low at LOTO and cost of living is relatively low as well, so you may be able to increase your budget.
The following users liked this post:
Knot 4 Me (05-11-2020)
Old 05-10-2020, 03:44 AM
Registered

Thanks for merging the two threads,sorry about being stupid sometimes. How are the ramps around Loto and what would be a better area the northern part of the lake or the southern part?
Old 05-10-2020, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,472 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Our old flier, Since this was printed we have decided to build it out ourselves. Tract C is sold, and Lot 20 is the spec house. I have numerous plans that we can put on the lots with a turn key package in the low to mid 200's. Or if you have a plan in mind, we can build it for you. Look us up on FB: LOTO Contemporary Homes.

Finding houses below $200 in our area with today's market, that is not manufactured housing or a fixer upper will be tough. There are more rural areas that will have lower prices, but that is the trade off. That is why it is important to come see the area you want to be in, then start looking from there. There is a number of good realtors in the area, if you would like a referral, pm me.
Many times in new subdivisions there are special taxes to pay for roads and sewers ect. is this the case in this one ?
Old 05-10-2020, 10:51 AM
Registered

Not a new subdivision. No impact fees etc. There is a small HOA fee. ALL the utilities are already in. There was 8 occupied existing homes when I purchased it. The subdivision dates back before the down turn. (Original developer went under during the recession) I bought the remaining lots about 5 years ago and sat on it to increase in value. We are now building it out. PM me if you would like more info. That way the "powers to be" don't think I am pushing my property too hard.

Last edited by bajaholic; 05-10-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:22 PM
Registered

How are the ramps in the area?
Old 05-24-2020, 05:15 PM
Registered

There is NUMEROUS ramps. The state parks, marina's and some resorts and Condos also have their own ramps. If you are staying in the Osage Beach area, PB2 is the easiest access and there is also trailer parking.
The following users liked this post:
Knot 4 Me (05-25-2020)
Old 06-20-2020, 01:24 PM
Registered

Heading to Loto last week in July is there anything happening at that time?