Lake Cumberland, KY

Notices

Lake Cumberland, KY

Old 07-04-2021, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 862 Likes on 494 Posts

Tee-Daves.

Except for the obvious busy weeks/weekends, it shouldn’t be a problem. I’d stay away from Rowena. It’s fairly new, and, from what I gather, it’s considerably more expensive than most others.

Burnside is great if you wan the quieter end of the lake, but it’s always a PITA to secure a slip. It almost seems like they are trying to lose money. You’ll call on, say, Monday, wanting a slip for the upcoming weekend, and they’ll tell you you have to reserve “in person, day of”. Then you show up, they’ll be all booked, and the girl will tell you, “You should have called on Monday.”

Jamestown, State Dock and Conley Bottom should always have something.

From where do you hail? if you decide to make the trip, look me up. We might be down that weekend. We have a house overlooking Burside marina.

Thanks. Brad.
Model Machine and Precision LLC
(937)545-8991
Old 07-04-2021, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Tee_Daves
That's good to know. Any recommendations? I've never been down before and have always wanted to rent a houseboat but more recently have just wanting to bring my own boat.
Tee-Daves,

BTW…. The Poker Run is the weekend after Labor Day. Always a great time and some serious hardware always seems to show up. Seen Tomlinson’s “My Way” there several times.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991

Last edited by Brad Christy; 07-05-2021 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Guys,

Anybody planning on going to the Lake Cumberland Poker Run?

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 08-30-2021, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I are coming down from Michigan to check it out. Have a reservation at Lure and a slip at State Dock for the boat. Where is the best place to plan on putting in?

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Guys,

Anybody planning on going to the Lake Cumberland Poker Run?

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991

Old 08-30-2021, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by JerrodGlover
My wife and I are coming down from Michigan to check it out. Have a reservation at Lure and a slip at State Dock for the boat. Where is the best place to plan on putting in?
At the State Park boat ramp on the way in. Lure Lodge is where the pink bed drop is.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the help. Is it safe to leave the truck and trailer at the launch for a long weekend?

Originally Posted by cheech
At the State Park boat ramp on the way in. Lure Lodge is where the pink bed drop is.
Old 08-31-2021, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Thanks for the help. Is it safe to leave the truck and trailer at the launch for a long weekend?
People do. I'd be cautious myself. It's an unsecured area. It's full poker run weekend. I've been through there during but I've never had to launch or leave anything there as I put in elsewhere.
So don't want to claim it is or isn't. Anything can happen.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 340 Likes on 128 Posts

I put in at Jamestown and leave my truck and trailer there. Never any issues. They have some new covered slips for transient use and its been nice. Never had good service in the restaurant but the rest of the amenities seem nice.

State Dock is just as good if not better...restaurant will actually bring you the food you ordered LOL.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Jerrod,

We have a place near Burnside, which is the other end of the lake, so, we put in at Conley Bottom. It's about an hour run from there to the State Dock/Jamestown harbor. If you're planning on staying at the lodge and don't plan on using your truck (sounds like not), this might be a good option for you. We leave our truck and trailer there all weekend during the PokerRun, and we've never had any issues. It's a fairly busy marina, usually with ample parking. There's a fair bit of traffic, so there are lots of eyes keeping an watch on things.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 09-01-2021, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Jamestown is the closest.
Very busy getting out on Sunday though. People start lining up at 7am eastern.
I am thinking about putting it at Conley this year. Longer boat ride but it shouldn’t be as crowded.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.