Rental on Cumberland >

Rental on Cumberland

Notices

Rental on Cumberland

Old 02-27-2024, 05:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 621 Likes on 287 Posts

We picked up the Cobalt from Cumberland. You are not kidding about Steep.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 840 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I like this idea, I`m willing to test it out for ya , no charge
My wife hates the launches..doesnt wanna go back .... while I tell her to grow a pair she doe have a point , they are scary steep, I thought LOTO had steep launches but Cumberland is crazy. I thought for sure my straps were going to give up and the boat was going to end up on the concrete
Dan,

We may stick with that for a while. I'd say we can at least get it to where the house is supporting itself.

Come on down. Plenty of room at the inn. You owe me a ride, anyway.

See... that's weird. I guess it's because I grew up boating on Cumberland; it's normal to me. I don't see them as excessively steep or scary at all, while the ramps at our local ponds seen shallow. I don't remember even thinking about the ramps on Norris, and the only thing I remember of the ramp on Brookville (IN) was that it was WAY rough for putting a boat on a trailer. For all my years boating, I can't ever recall hearing anybody even mention the angle of the ramps on Cumberland. I didn't discover the issue with a stepped hull on a stepped bunk trailer until putting in on Ceasar Creek, our local go-to. We have to have the truck tires in the water on Caesar, or we catch the step on the trailer bunk, while we don't on Cumberland. If I recall, you put in at the Jamestown ramp, which, admittedly, I've never even seen. It may be worse than any of the ramps I'm familiar with. I don't know. I will admit there are some ramps I like more than others, but it ain't the angle. Burnside Island and StateDock are corrugated concrete, instead of asphalt. I've literally never seen anybody even remotely spin a tire at either of these ramps. Conley? All the time. As for your straps, my dad used to drive the boat (5500lb SeaRay) onto the trailer and shove the truck forward as my stepmother pulled away, without even hooking the bow eye. If you're on bunks, instead of rollers, you're fine. there's FAR more weight bearing down on the trailer than there is pulling you backwards. I also release the bow strap as I'm walking to the ladder to get in before backing into the water, while I've seen others not unhook until the boat is in the water. To each their own, but, from my observation, the straps aren't doing much more on a bunk trailer than providing ease-of-mind comfort.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 06-07-2024, 06:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 840 Likes on 477 Posts

So the AI bots are just copy/paste paraphrasing our posts now...?